Friday, February 8, 2008

A Bun in the Oven

WARNING: This is the first of many post that I writing so I can delete my website. I AM NOT PREGNANT..This is from when I found out I was pregnant with AR!!!!
For the past few days I had a feeling I might be pregnant. Today marked a full week of me being late. Therefore, while I was at the grocery store, I decided to go ahead a pick up a pregnancy test. Heath called me on my way home to tell me he was on his way home from work because he didn't feel good. I really wasn't expecting him home until around 5 and I really didn't want him to be there when I took it. I know that sounds awful but this was something that I wanted to do alone. Heath arrived soon after I did but I made sure to hide the pregnancy test before he got there. After I got him comfortable on the couch, I snuck to the bathroom to take it. I honestly thought it would be negative but boy was I wrong. I will never forget the numb feeling that fell across my body as that pregnancy test quickly turned to positive. There was no need to come back and check in a few minutes like the box tells you to. It turned to positive before I had a chance to walk away. I began to shake all over from being terrified, excited, and completely overwhelmed. It took me a few seconds to gather my thoughts and get myself together to break the news to my hubby of less than a year. I remember my voice shaking as I told him. His reaction was not what I expected. I expected him to either get angry or leap for joy but he instead shook his head and told me I wasn't funny. He thought I was kidding so I eventually had to show him the pregnancy test to prove to him I was serious. We sat and talk to each other for hours trying to get a game plan and decide on the next step! I really wanted to wait until I went to the doctor to tell everyone but Heath was way to excited to keep his mouth shut. Needless to say, we are very excited to bring a baby into this world and look forward to what lies ahead for us with this pregnancy!

So this is a picture I took before I found out I was pregnant because Heath and I decided to start the P90X work out program. I took before pictures so I would have something to compare my rock hard abs to when I finished the 90 day program. Oh well, a baby bump will be so much cuter this summer! So this is me at about 2 weeks :)

No comments: