Tuesday, November 1, 2011

{Top Ten Tuesday}: Gifts for Kids

Picking out the kids birthday and Christmas gifts is not an easy task for me. Heath laughs at me because I will ponder for months. First of all, our kids are rotten and get so much from their grandparents. Honestly, they would probably never notice if we didn't buy them presents but of course I want to make sure to get them something that they will love. I have to say that my pondering has paid off because almost every gift we have bought them has turned out to be one of their favorites. I am linking up over at oh Amanda. Here are my Top Ten gifts for kids under 3 {AR just turned 3 so I can't speak for children older than her}!!

{Click on the pictures to go the website I bought each item from}

1. V-Tech MobiGo: We bought this for AR for her 3rd birthday. In the past few months she has become obsessed with my smart phone and loves choosing between the apps. So when shopping for her some kind of hand held game system I found this to be the one I thought would work best for her! It is touch screen just like my phone. It also has the slide in/slide out keyboard. It doesn't include a pen which I was looking for one that didn't and the suggested age level began at 3. To top it off, it came in PINK! AR loves her "computer" and we make sure it goes everywhere. In the near future we will probably end up buying her an IPod Touch but we wanted to make sure she could be responsible enough with her MobiGo first!
2. This past Christmas Santa brought AR this little table and chair set. It has become so handy. We first had it in her room for her to do her puzzles, color, and have tea parties. We now have it in the kitchen where AR and Westin eat most of their meals and snacks together. It is a perfect size for them!
Aspen White Table and Chair Set
3. Santa also brought Westin this Jeep Walker and boy was it a life saver. Westin spent a good 6 months in it and it held up to his roughness. On top of being durable and super boyish, it was by far one of the most precious thing I've ever seen!

4. A teacher friend suggested that I buy AR Leap Frog Letter Factory to teach her the Alphabet sounds. This summer AR mastered her letters so I knew she was ready to start learning the sound of each letter. It was very inexpensive so I bought it for her a few days before her birthday and ended up letting her have it before it was ever wrapped. Within 2 weeks she knew all of her sounds. In fact, I can go through her ABC flashcards out of order and she can tell me every letter no matter what order they are in and tell me what each letter sound is. IMPRESSIVE for such a short amount of time. I will be buying this DVD for several friends and family members!

5. I bought AR and her friend, Alston wooden name puzzles for Christmas last year. I bought AR's first and spent WAY too much money on it. I hate it. Then I found this wooden puzzle for Alston for half the price and I love it. I plan on getting Westin one this Christmas and I might end up buying this kind for AR as well and putting her other one away.
Name Puzzle

6. We bought the Fisher Price Farm for AR's second Christmas and she and Westin still love it. They play with it daily and the little animals and farmer are absolutely precious!!
Fisher Price Little People Animal Sounds Farm and find a retailer. In Stock.

7. My Dad and step mom bought this wagon for AR's first birthday. They had one just like it for my little brother and my step mom raved about how much she loved it. I love it! There is so much room for both of the kids to sit comfortably. It has little cup holders for their sippy cups and the seats lift up or down as needed! It's a must have!
8. I can not remember when or why I bought this for AR? Maybe for her 2nd birthday?? Anyway, if your not familiar with the Parum Pum Pum Drum it's a precious assortment of musical instruments that all can be stored in the drum itself. AR and Westin have entertained us with MANY concerts!
B. Parum Pum Pum Drum
9. Westin got the Fish and Splish Bath Boat for his birthday and it has REPLACED all bath toys. We use to have a bucket full of miscellaneous bath toys and now all the kids need and ever want to play with is this which makes me very happy. All of the cups, fish, and combs/brushes are stored inside the boat! 
B. Fish & Splish Bath Boat

10. Last but not least, Wooden Blocks. We've had ours since AR turned one and we play with the often. Before they were used to build simple towers for AR to knock over and laugh but now they are used to create Princess castles for Westin to destroy! Wooden blocks are one of my all time favorites for the kids!
Melissa & Doug Deluxe 50-piece Wooden ABC/123 Blocks Set

5 comments:

Karen said...

Thanks for the list. I've been trying to decide what to get for my grandson. He'll be 3 in January. Also wanted to say that I love the new blog design. The font is so much easier to read.

Alice said...

I love love the name puzzle. Where did you get it from? The link doesn't work.
Thank you!

Ashley W said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley W said...

Sorry Alice, click on the picture and it should take you to it now. I got it from OneStepAhead.

The Buchanan Family said...

We have the wagon and LOVE it. We also have several of the leap frog movies! Mrs. C told us all about them and they have helped so much and the best part is the kiddos love them!! Good gift ideas!