Thursday, April 11, 2013

Easter Weekend

A few months ago, Heath's aunt asked us if we could host Easter at our house this year. Of course we didn't mind but with that in mind, I had several projects I wanted to complete and a few anxiety attacks along the way.

Our house has been a fixer upper from the very beginning but our busy schedule has slowed down many of our projects. The main thing I wanted to do was get our hallway painted and something on the walls. So the Saturday before Easter, I spent the day cleaning every inch of  my house while Heath and his dad cleaned up the yard and painted our hallway. Once it dried I hung up our Pier 1 mirror and 2 canvases I had ordered a few month ago! I was so pleased with the way it turned out! After a hard day of work, Heath had the men stay for dinner. I love watching men in the kitchen!


**On a side note: When I posted the picture of the men in the kitchen on Instagram, I had several people comment on it! I love my kitchen but when we bought the house the kitchen was hideous. Want to see a before?


It doesn't even look like the same kitchen does it?? 

Moving on...

Even though we were expecting a house full of people, I told Heath that we were not missing church. Heath {and a few other family members} openly suggested I was nuts for trying to fit church in but my goodness, it's Easter. We were not missing. No matter how stressed out it made me.

So, we made it to church Sunday morning after kids tore through their buckets and ate more candy than I care to remember. The service was wonderful. Wanna hear it?? Click here. I'm also going to share a video that moved me and Heath both to tears {but he will never admit it}. Check it out.

When we got home we already had a house full of people warming up their dishes and unloading extra tables and chairs. The afternoon was wonderful. The rain held off the entire afternoon so the kids were able to run wild outside while their parents enjoyed the massive spread of food. Afterwards, the kids went on a mad search for egg, played with their cousins, and enjoyed the endless amount of ice.


At every Waldrop family gathering, Heath's granny always says the blessing. AR decided she wanted to take on that role this year. I was one proud Momma! Check it.

1 comment:

The Lamberts said...

Love your kitchen...and the old...holy moly the number of cabinet doors! Dizzy!