Jami was my very first friend when I moved to Vestavia in the 8th grade. We had Home Economics together and we realized that we both have a sister named Sarah Beth or Sarabeth! Funny how one small fact about you can start a friendship of a lifetime!!
In high school, Jami's nickname was Momma. She was really good at keeping us curious teenagers in line and letting us know we were not doing the right thing. As a teenager, it frustrated the hell out of me. As an adult, I am so thankful I had a friend who cared that much.
So Jami got married in May {post to come} so the bride and groom both planned separate beach trips for their bachelorette/bachelor weekend a few weeks before the wedding.
Jami's sister did an amazing job booking a room for all 11 ladies. We all left Thursday and met up in Montgomery to pick up the last few girls and snapped some cute pictures in our bachelorette weekend t-shirts!
45 minutes out of Montgomery we experienced the first of several mishaps. A flat tire. After a 4 hour delay which included a jacked up jack, a AAA call, a missing lug nut key, and a Bud Light Lime {don't judge} we were back on the road, but not without a dead battery and a hashtag.
We did make it to the condo eventually...and we were exhausted.
Sadly, Friday was pretty cold and cloudy. We sat around catching up with each other, enjoying junk food and mimosas, and planning the night ahead. We may have even made a trip to the hot tub and watched the crazies {including the bride-to-be} go down the water slides.
Saturday proved to be a much prettier day. Rising early, we quickly made our way out to the pools. With a lazy river floating around us, a cooler full of goodies, and lots of conversation, we settled in for the entire day. There may have been a few cold laps around the lazy river, a couple of much needed tears shed, some really bad sun burns and a game of Never Have I Ever. It was awesome! Once we realized that we were getting way to loud and the conversations were no longer kid friendly, we pried ourselves away from the setting sun to order pizza and get pretty!
Getting pretty with a condo full of girls requires time, patience, and sometimes a cold shower. However, when you are away from your Hubs and the Littles for an entire weekend, it is well worth it! Actually, there aren't many things that can sober the mood but an evacuation of an entire building will do the trick. Especially when the reason is because a little teenage twerp thought it would be cool to pull the fire alarm. Moving on..
Saturday night consisted of: greasy, delicious pizza, My Best Friend's Wedding, tumbling towers, pink panty pulldowns, and lots of pretty lingerie. Afterwards we made our way to Live Bait.
What happens at Live Bait stays at Live Bait :) Enough said. {I'm obviously just kidding...Kinda. Did I mention we are old.}
This is what I came home to. I think they missed me :)
....and I think I missed them too!
I did a little picture stealing to compose the post! Mostly from Nikki :)












No comments:
Post a Comment