Monday, November 14, 2016

Henry Grey

I was scheduled for a c-section on September 15th. I had to be at the hospital at 10:00 but the c-section wasn't scheduled until 12:00. AR and Westin really wanted to go to school so we agreed to let them go for the morning with the understanding that they would be checked out in time to be the first to meet the baby!


I knew from experience that the kids would probably be waiting for a while so I decided to put together sibling bags to keep them entertained in the waiting room. It included little games, notebooks, crayons and colored pencils, big brother/sister bear, their favorite snacks and much more. From what I was told, it was a life saver.


With this being the third child I was very aware of what to expect. However, that didn't help with my anxiety. After I was prepped, asked a million questions, expressed some concerns to the anesthesiologist it was time to meet a sweet baby!!!

My friend Codie came to spend the day with us and take a few pictures. Our hospital would not allow her in the operating room but what she was able to get I absolutely love!! AR and Westin made it to the hosptial a little before I was taken back. Codie captured their excitement perfectly! They could not wait to find out if their baby was a boy or girl!





Henry Grey was born at 12:45!! He weighed 7lb 7oz and 20 inches long. ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!


After a little recovery time, we called AR and Westin to my room to meet Henry. We chose not to tell anyone the gender until they found out! I will never forget this moment!










Also included in the kids sibling bags was party hats and horns! I knew they would love singing happy birthday to Henry!








 Codie also put together a little video with all of the pictures she took. I cry every time I watch it!

No comments: