Monday, October 17, 2016

Baby Makes Five

There is this little spot in the blogging world that I have slowly abandoned over the past few years. When AR and Dubs were babies I blogged almost every single day but as they've grown older and our life became busier, this little area has had to take a back seat!

My most favorite thing about my blog is that it pretty much replaces a baby book for both AR and Westin. I have so much documented of their tiny little lives that I will cherish forever. I can't imagine having so many memories archived of the other two and not do the same for our newest addition.

So today I'm officially starting the ole blog back up again. With a good 9 weeks off for maternity leave followed by the holidays I am fairly positive I will be able to stick to several post a week. I may even try to back track a little since I plan on making 8 years worth of Shutterfly memory books while I'm out of work also.

Can we talk about my third pregnancy??

Heath and I are those crazy people who, after getting our kids to a very amazing independent stage, are completely starting over in raising babies. Although I am very aware that we are in for a rude awakening when it comes to doing this all over again, we are thrilled.
We found out in January that baby #3 was on the way and quickly made the decision that the gender would be a secret for us all. I must say, it was the best decision we've made. Although we drove our friends and family crazy, we enjoyed pretty much every minute of it. We were VERY anxious to find out if our little one was a boy or a girl but neither of us really had a preference. My "momma intuition" said BOY for the majority of my pregnancy and Heath said girl in the beginning but I think he shifted to boy near the end.

My third pregnancy was pretty different than the first two.

When I was pregnant with AR I gained tons of weight, had ZERO anxiety, and other than a good bit of swelling through most of my pregnancy I felt really good! {Let me note that I was 8 years younger and didn't have a full time job or other children.}
With Westin I gained just about as much weight with him as I did with her. I also experienced a lot of pelvic pressure with him from very early on and started progressing with him at 32 weeks. In addition, I had terrible anxiety with Westin which stemmed from a scary delivery with AR.
With my third pregnancy, I only gained about half the weight that I did with the other two. I'm not sure why my appetite wasn't near as big. The pelvic pressure that I experienced with Westin was nothing compared to the pressure I have felt during this pregnancy. It was way worse this go around. I was very uncomfortable from very early on and sleep was pretty much non existent until my third trimester. My ankles stayed swollen with the other two but this go around  the swelling didn't begin until the very end, thank goodness. I also became very introverted and extremely hormonal which started in my first trimester. Poor Heath. I don't know if we would have survived a fourth pregnancy. It wasn't all rainbow and butterflies around here the past few months but we did survive.
Thankfully, I was able to schedule a c-section at 39 weeks. More to come on BABY day!!

1 comment:

Taz + Belly said...

I WAS SO EXCITED WHEN I SAW YOU IN MY FEED THIS MORNING!! Yay, for returning to blogland. I can't wait to read all about sweet Henry. :)