Monday, October 11, 2010

Guess Whoooo Turned 2?

I decided last year that I would take off work every year on mine and AR's birthday and spend the whole day with her! This year, Daddy joined us on our day out. Sadly, since I knew I was taking this day off I also had to schedule doctor appointments on this day. Therefore, Friday morning I had a doctors appointment so Daddy and AR drop me off and went to eat breakfast. After my appointment, AR had her 2 year appointment. Have I mentioned how much she hates the doctor. Usually she screams and pitches a fit but this trip she got really quiet and started shaking all over. Although she did have a few break downs she did pretty well. At 2 years old she weighs 26lbs (50th percentile) and she is 35 inches long (95th percentile). After our doctor visits we decided to make our way to the Galleria for lunch and to ride the carousel.


I decided to have AR's birthday party on her birthday for several reasons. The main reason was because the AL/FL game was that Saturday and knew having a party on the day of such a big football game would be difficult...sad...but true. Last year we had it on Sunday, which was great, but since Daddy was in town, I had already planned our family pictures for that Sunday and having family pictures and a birthday party on the same day would be almost impossible. Therefore, Friday seemed to be the best day! I was really unsure how a birthday party on a Friday night would go but honestly, I was very pleased. We had several people show up late because of work but for the most part everyone was able to make it by 5:30.


My sweet friend, Beth, designed the invites. I absolutely LOVE them!!!
{Yes, birthday is spelled wrong but it was fixed before we printed. I just realized I didn't upload the final copy}

I chose to have the party at Vincent Park this year because AR loves the playground. She and her little friends played their hearts out climbing the rock wall and sliding down the big slides. We decided to provide dinner since the party was during dinner time and figured soup and chili would be perfect! We had crock pots full of potato soup, vegetable soup, taco soup, and chili. In addition to soup, chili and all of their fixings, we also had hot dogs, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches {in the shape of owls}, and corn muffins. It was all so yummy!



Heath's Aunt Liz made AR's owl cake and our sweet friend, Mrs. Debbie, made her shirt!!


Since AR is so obsessed with animals right now but we aren't quit ready for a real pet, we figured a gold fish was the way to go! Meet Ish...the newest member of the Waldrop clan!




AR was hilarious opening her gifts. She got really excited over everything, especially her books and clothes. At moments, she would stop and take a look at a book!


My mom told me she had been working on something for AR's room but she wouldn't really tell me what it was. AR and I were both surprised when she opened her HUGE owl blanket/rug.


I love that I am still close to my high school friends. Most of them were able to make it out to the party! It always means so much to me when they go out of their way to come out to see us!


There was no better way to wrap up an owl birthday party than with an owl pinata. Since AR and most of her friends are too small to swing and hit a pinata, I decided to get one where all they had to do was pull the strings! With a little assistance, the group of toddlers pulled strings until all of the candy came pouring out!!




This is AR's reaction to all the candy falling out of the pinata:


Thanks to my mom and Memaw, AR's birthday party was a great success! They were the masterminds behind food and decor. Nana and JiJi were also a huge help! AR is so lucky to have such amazing grandmothers!

Saturday morning we got all of AR's birthday presents {except for the clothes} put away! This is her room now!


This birthday party was such a HOOT!!!!

3 comments:

~Ashley Kimbrel~ said...

I had such a GREAT time with you and everyone! I might get you to help me plan kearstyn's 5th Birthday party because you plan great ones! Love you!

Elisabeth said...

Her room is adorable! I love all the owl stuff! :)

The Lamberts said...

gosh you did SUCH a good job on her party!!!!

btw your 2 year old is like the same size as my 8 month old. AHH!