I have been really distant the past few weeks, especially to my blog. I have been overcome with emotions since that Wednesday when the Alabama tornadoes hit. Most recently I think the feeling of guilt has hit me hard. As I sat down this week to compose a post about my babies, our comfortable life and the goods times we are having I found myself having a hard time publishing my post. I just felt guilty. How could I go on and on about us when there are so many, TOO many, who are completely devastated from loss and death.
Our school had decided to step up and get our students involved with tornado relief. I have had many converstations with my class about donating to those who need it and helping them understand that these families, these children, some who are their age, have NOTHING! I have been gathering several students a day to go around and pick up donations from each classroom and then take them down to our gathering area to sort. I love listening to them talk about the donations we have recieved and get really excited when we have a large collection to sort through! Getting children to want to help and making them realize it's the right thing to do is so rewarding!! I no longer feel so "guilty"!!!
So I'm ready to get back on track! I know the grandparents are ready for me to do so as well so stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment