Heath and I made NO plans for the 4th this year. He has worked day and night at the house. We are currently scraping popcorn ceilings and then turning around and mudding and sanding them so we can paint this week. We have one heck of a mess and even though I have had second thought on making this decision we both think we would probably regret not doing it. Since the new house is currently a mess, I decided to keep the kids at home for most of yesterday morning so we could all just rest. Then we got our festive outfits on and went to eat lunch at Nana's and Poppy's.
I have gotten so bad about keeping my phone on me {it's usually at the bottom of the diaper bag or somewhere in my car} but I have learned my lesson. While getting ready to chow down on a yummy chili dog, Nana came in to tell us the the worst imaginable news. Our friends, Brandon and Karen, were celebrating the 4th at Karen's parents with their precious little bit, Jaylen. Jaylen ran out behind a dually truck and was run over. The truck ran up the side of her body and Jaylen was airlifted to Children's Hospital. With such little information I immediately thought the worst and prayed for the best. I went on a mad search for my cell phone and sure enough Karen had tried to call and text me to let me know about Jaylen.
After arriving at Children's, I learned that Jaylen was okay. She suffered a tear in her liver, a fractured pelvis and a bruised lung. How these are her only injuries is a miracle within itself. This baby girl has a long road ahead and prayers would be greatly appreciated for her and her family.
It poured rain the whole way back home. Heath and I had talked about taking the littles somewhere to watch fireworks so we decided to stay close to home and watch a local fireworks show put on by Gerald Wallace with Bull, Caycie and Bella!
Bella and Westin loved the fireworks but AR did not at all!
No comments:
Post a Comment