Saturday, July 16, 2011

Westin = 1 year

Westin,
It's your big day! The day that will always be YOUR day. The day that I so anxiously waited for! The day that made our little family feel so complete! Today is your birthday!

It's unbelievable to me how fast a year goes by and how much you grow and mature in such a short period of time. You are such a little ham and every meaning of the word boy! You love cars, trucks, and anything with wheels. If it doesn't have wheels then you pretend it does anyway by sliding it across the floor while saying, "VROOOM!" You love the ladies and sure do know how to steal their hearts. All it takes is a grin and those 6 pearly whites! You are obsessed with water, especially toilet water, and make a mad dash for the bathroom every chance you get. Thankfully, a water table is in your very near future.

Monday is your one year doctor visit but I am guessing you weigh about 22 lbs {you weighed 21 lbs about a month ago}. You have gotten so tall and have begun to thin out a good bit. Your head is from your mother and I'm sure is still measuring off the charts. Sorry bud, I can't help that big heads run in the family. You wear a size 5 diaper and are still fitting into 18 month clothes.

You are by far the pickiest eater I have ever seen. I just thought it was bad. The only thing we have found you will eat is: Ritz crackers, gold fish, animal crackers, sea shell pasta, peanut butter sandwich, grilled cheese, oatmeal cookies, waffles, doughnuts and peanut butter spoons. NO FRUIT, NO VEGGIES, NO MEAT..just carbs and sweets. I don't know what we are going to do with you. I will be asking about vitamins at your next doctor appointment. I do have you off of formula and on to 2% milk. We tried whole milk but you were not a fan. We still love the bottle but I am determined to have you off of it by the time school starts back. One step at a time....

You are now standing on your own for several seconds at a time. No first steps yet but we are letting you go at your own pace! You are no longer scared to stand on your own so I figure any day now you will attempt that first step. You love the fact that you can now get on your rocking horse and riding toy all by yourself. You haven't quit yet figured out how to get off of it yet so we have several accidents a day. You are so mischievous. You know you are not allowed to crawl up the stairs, play in the toilet, or bang on the tv. However, you wait until you have our complete attention and then will crawl as fast as you can to do whatever you are not suppose to do while laughing the entire time. When we catch you and tell you no the game is on. The same goes with throwing your unwanted food and cup off of your high chair. It's a lot more funny to you when we actually see you do it. STINKER!

You are so rough and absolutely torture your big sister and Mags. You love to form tackle them, pull their hair and chase them in your walker to run over their feet. You terrify both of them until they get the nerve to get you back. Oh the days and years to come.. the battle is on! Although you have that tough side you also know how to melt your momma's heart! You love to give big wet kisses and wrap your arms around me with lots of love. You are a big momma's boy and have stolen the hearts of the grandmother's as well. The boys are fun to hang with but the girls are who you really want!

You are rambunctious, loud, and absolutely perfect!

Today, you are ONE!
Happy Birthday big man!

Westin 1 monthWestin 2 months
3 months
4 months5 months
Westin = 6 months



1 comment:

caycie.fields said...

Ashley!
Westin is the CUTEST thing. One day, I'm going to be determined to come take him from you & bring him back here with me! I LOVE his sweet smile! I can't believe he is 1! :)