Friday, July 22, 2011

The House - Before

Heath and I plan on this house being an ongoing project. The house definitely wasn't the selling point when buying the property but it has so much potential. Right now it's tiny so we will need to do an addition in the near future. We are moving in this weekend but before we moved in we had a list of things we wanted to complete!
{I wanted to take before pictures of the house before Heath got a hold of it but he started the demolition before the sellers could pull out of the driveway. Here are a few pictures I was able to snag with my phone at the very beginning of the remodel!}

Kitchen - scrape and finish the ceiling, remove all cabinets, counter tops, appliances, and laminate flooring, cut out wall for bar, hang trim, paint, and lay hardwood floors {We will work on completing the kitchen after we move in so I'm already stocking up on crock pot meals. We will still need to sand and paint the bottom cabinets, put in open shelving, install appliances, put in concrete counter tops, and eventually put in a new sink and hood.}
{We removed this wall to make it a bar. Also,the kitchen had an overwhelming amount of cabinets. I decided I didn't want to use the top cabinets and instead go with open shelving. We are going to keep the bottom cabinets but paint them and change out the inserts with bead board.}
Living Room - scrape and finish the ceiling, remove carpet, hang trim, paint, and lay hardwood floors. {We will still need to work on the fireplace after we move in. We would like to paint it and build a bigger mantle in the near future! I would also love to build a small wall in the entry way and put in built in cubbies but I will have to talk the hubby into that!}
Master Bedroom - scrape and finish the ceiling, remove carpet, hang trim, paint, and lay hardwood floors.
AR's Bedroom - scrape and finish the ceiling, remove carpet, hang trim, paint, and lay hardwood floors.
Laundry Room - remove cabinets and shelving, remove laminate flooring, paint, hang bead board in the ceiling, hang trim, and lay hardwood floors {We will turn half of the laundry room into a pantry so will still need to hang shelving}
Hallway - scrape and finish the ceiling, remove laminate flooring, hang trim, paint, and lay hardwood floors.
Bathrooms - We will begin working on the bathrooms as soon as we move in. We plan on put bead board in the ceiling of both bathrooms, put in new vanities, sinks, and toilets in both bathrooms, and lay tile.
Outside - We will get to the outside of the house when we do the addition. We want to install hardy siding and put a 3 dimensional roof on it. We also want to put bigger and fewer columns in the front, build hand rails and extend the porch on around the house and one day install an outdoor fireplace.
So there is the run down! We have lot's of fun DIY projects coming up. Thankfully, Heath is quit the handy man and he and his dad shines in this line of work. I love that they are so picky and don't settle for less than perfect! What they have done so far looks absolutely amazing!

Updated pictures coming soon!

No comments: