Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Let's Catch Up:

Not only are we non stop around the house working on little projects, but I have also been in my classroom trying to get ready for school to start TOMORROW! Aunt Sa-Sa started coming full time last Monday so I could get to work. Did I mention that we love her! I am so blessed to have someone who not only loves my children dearly {the good, bad, and the awful} but she also does what she can to HELP ME OUT.. My laundry baskets have stayed empty all week, we had clean sheets on the bed when I got home from work because a cute 2 year old had an accident while snoozing last night, and I have a verbal grocery list given to me before I ever make it home. How did I live without her this summer :)

One project Heath has been working on is our kitchen cabinets. We completely removed them from the kitchen to remove the flooring and install the hardwood. Therefore, he was able to sand and paint them in the garage. 
Before:
Sneak peak of the after.
The only good thing about these cabinets is they have an insert option. Therefore, we replaced the inserts of the cabinet doors with bead board. Again, we are only using the bottom cabinets. Just looking at the before picture makes me claustrophobic :)

What else have we been up to?

AR has been enjoying afternoon snacks on the porch...
boat rides and evening swims in the river...
reading books....
and cutting grass with Daddy.
How about this cute guy??
Well, he's WALKING....everywhere...
and torturing Charlie Rascal!
Over the next few weeks we will be attending a family reunion, a wedding, 5 birthday parties, and a bridal shower. Life will be busy! Thankfully, football season starts VERY soon and by that time life will slow down!


1 comment:

The Lamberts said...

I looove beadboard! GREAT improvement they look brand new! Can't wait to see it finished! I'm so happy everyone is enjoying the new house.