Thursday, August 4, 2011

Our Life: In Boxes

Life has settled down a little. I start back to work full time next Monday so my goal was to get us settled by then.

When we first moved in our kitchen had nothing but a tiny island we brought from our other house and a refrigerator. No cabinets, no countertops, no sink, no stove. To say it was challenging is an understatement. I cooked all of our dinners from an electric skillet or the microwave. The crockpot dinners didn't work out so well. I was determined to not feed my family any fast food and I accomplished that.
Thankfully, Heath finally got the cabinets sanded, primed and painted and was able to get them back in. We temporarily but the original countertops back in the kitchen until we are ready to update. Hopefully we will get our new stove and dishwasher in the coming days and get those installed soon!

AR and Westin had a tough time getting adjusted to the new house. It took them a few days to get settled in. Sleeping was the worst part of the adjustment. Westin is usually an amazing sleeper so the fact that he was waking up 3 or 4 times a night and wouldn't go back to sleep unless he was nestled in between Heath and I didn't sit well with me. Did I mention he came down with a fever virus the day we moved which I think also contributed to the sleepless nights. He is sleeping like a champ now which is such a relief!  AR, on the other hand, was having a hard time parting with our old house. She would tell me she wanted to go sleep at Mommy's house and would cry when we would pull up at "Daddy's house" as she called it. We finally had a good conversation with her and explained to her that we had a new house and that it wasn't only Daddy's house. We constantly call it Ava Reese's house and make it feel like it is all hers. She has finally adjusted well and now when we pull down the driveway she will say, "We are going HOME!"
Our living room furniture arrived on Wednesday. I have been looking forward to it for over a week so you can imagine my disappointment when they got it unloaded and it completely took over my living room. It's just too big. Thankfully, Scott at Rooms To Go was kind enough to let me do a one time exchange so our current furniture will be picked up and our new furniture will be delivered next Thursday.

So as we go into the weekend, I can gladly say that things are coming together. Most of our boxes are unpacked, the littles are enjoying the beautiful outdoors that we fell in love with, and our house is SLOWLY being put together.

It's been a crazy life, but it our life ;)

No comments: