Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Days of Summer: Weeks 1-4

Our summer break was off with a bang beginning with Memorial Weekend. My plan wasn't to update the past 30ish days of summer in one post but I'm a slacker when it comes to updating my blog these days. I don't know why. I'm just having a hard time getting back into a good routine of blogging daily. I am really going to try to do a "Days of Summer" daily post for the rest of the summer but before I can do that I have to catch up! So here we go!

5.25.12
My first official day of summer was May 25th. To celebrate, Heath and I had dinner with one of our favorite couples, Bull and Caycie!! Caycie and I graduated college together and had a lot to celebrate since we successfully finished our third year of teaching!

Memorial Weekend
We spent the entire weekend on the water. One of the things we love most about our new home is that it is on the water. A pavilion and pier are in the works but were not ready by Memorial weekend. However, that didn't keep us out of the water. We enjoyed boat rides and full days of sunshine with old and new friends. The food was endless, corn hole games were competitive, and our skin...sun kissed!







 Summer: Week 1
We spent our first week of Summer working on a few house projects. We opened up our home to AR's Tball team and their families for the team party so I wanted to get a few outdoor projects done before we had a yard full of friends over for an afternoon! Projects included putting a hand rail around our front porch, painting our front door and adding 2 new summer wreaths, and the start of the pavilion.

6.2.12
AR's team party


After the party, we rested up to go celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary!

Summer: Week 2
AR had Vacation Bible School all week until noon. We were able to get in a little friend time in the afternoons  after I picked her up. We went to see Blakelee and Mrs. Codie one afternoon...

...and had a play date with this fun group another afternoon!




6.7.12
 My friend, Lindsay is getting married this summer and moving away from me. She was a fellow 4th grade teacher and has become one of my best friends. I'm not quit sure I can survive without her next year. Anyway, a few of our friends put together a fun lingerie/bachelorette party for her. I think I was so busy laughing that I forgot to actually document the night.


6.9.12
AR's Dance Recital
I insisted that AR take a really good nap before we left for her recital. I actually had to wake her up just minutes before we left. After the recital, our cousin, Lauren {who also takes dance with AR} and her family went out to dinner with us.

After dinner, we went to pick up Westin from Aunt Sa-Sa's. As we were getting ready to go home, Heath accidentally hurt Westin's arm when playing with him. We had to make an emergency room visit at 11:00 Saturday night after we realized something was really wrong. 3 hours later we were told that his elbow was dislocated. A little bit of liquid Lortab and a pop into place and Westin was out like a light! I don't think he has ever slept so hard!

Summer: Week 3
I had AMSTI science training for the entire week so my mom came into town to watch the Littles for me!


 Since Mom was in town the kids got to spend a lot of time with Maggie and Aunt Sarah. 
Dirty Littles!


Father's Day Weekend
On Saturday, we went to spend time with my Dad and the family at their neighborhood pool.





On Sunday, we spent the morning with our love...

and then spent the rest of the afternoon at Nana and Poppa's new house for their Housewarming Party!

Summer: Week 4
The kids spent the days with their cousin, Sawyer while Mommy went to a week long workshop.

6.22.12
Our Bible Study group spen the night under the stars in support of Sweet Sleep! It was an amazing, exhausting experience and I loved every minute of it! 


We spent the rest of the weekend doing what we do best... 

So there it is! The past 4 weeks of summer!

More fun to come...

2 comments:

Amber Maddux said...

Westin is getting so big!!!!!

The Lamberts said...

I love your front doors! The red looks great and beautiful wreaths!