So, let me recap the last 2 weeks {warning: to most this will probably be too detailed and somewhat boring but these are moments I want to make sure I document}.
6.25.12
On Monday, I let the Littles play outside right after breakfast. It's not quit as hot, obviously, and they are usually in a much better mood and ready to rest by nap time. I was on the phone with my mom when I heard Westin scream that he saw a bug. Westin is dramatic and screams at the sight on dirt on his feet because he thinks they are ants so I didn't think much of it. I slowly walked over to the swing where he was sitting and saw this nasty creature. I.FREAKED.OUT! It didn't hurt him at all, it just scared us both. At lunch time, the kids and I decided to make a visit to meet Savannah and have lunch! Allison had Savannah over a month ago and Monday was our fist time meeting her! Not only did we get to love on her, the Littles also enjoyed playing with her big sister, BR!! I hate we don't get to see them more often.
After nap time, I pulled out a "new" toy from Christmas that I stashed for afternoons like this. I really needed to get dinner ready and since they couldn't play outside because it was so hot, they really needed something to entertain them. Little did I know the box would be more entertaining than the toy!
6.26.12
I had my last professional development of the summer on Tuesday and my sweet friend, Amanda offered to watch AR and Westin for me since she is out for the summer also!! Amanda has 3 boys who my kids love so I knew their day would be very enjoyable! Throughout the day Amanda sent me pictures of their "adventures" at her house! They had so much fun!
6.27.12
Since Daddy had to work the rest of the week, the Littles and I hit the road Wednesday morning to spend a few days with Mimi and Poppa! The 5 hour drive was tough by myself, especially since AR and Westin seem to enjoy annoying each other and strive to torture me from the back seat! I was so happy to see my mom and hand them over when I got to north Georgia! We decided on Mexican for dinner which the kids loved since it's very rare that they actually get to eat inside a restaurant and then we took them to the park to let out some energy!
6.28.12
On Thursday morning, we all got up really early and drove to Pigeon Forge to spend the day at Dollywood's Splash Country! AR was completely fascinated and Westin, although skeptical, had a blast!! Westin had us laughing the who time calling it Walmart instead of water park! Splash Country's kiddie park was perfect for their ages. There were 3 different kiddie parks we enjoyed, plus the lazy river and wave pool!
...and what's a day without a prissy walk from AR!
After a long day at the park we set out to nap {which wasn't as successful as I had planned} and then had dinner at Five Guys!
6.29.12
Friday morning we got on the road early again to head back to MiMi and Poppa's and then pushed on home!
Friday night, I left the Littles at home with Daddy {since he had not seen them all week and I needed a break} and headed out to Yance and Amanda's engagement party!
On my way out, I saw this on Instagram. AR got a hold of the iPad and took a picture of herself and posted on Instagram all by herself! It's actually really cute!
6.30.12
Daddy had a fishing tournament Saturday morning so it was just us 3 for a few hours. The trip and the later-than-normal night out the night before had finally caught up with me so I spent the entire morning on the couch while the kids did there own thing. Dress up seemed to be the most entertaining! They kept running back and forth with different outfits on begging me to take their picture! It was hilarious! Later, AR and I attended our cousins birthday party and afterwards Heath and I were able to get a few hours of kid free time
7.1.12
On Sunday, we spent another day inside. With temps well over 100 degrees, we had to figure out other ways to entertain ourselves. We spent a long time in Home Depot preparing to update our guest bathroom and then spent the rest of the afternoon doing our own things.
7.2.12
Bubble Guppies is both of the Little's favorite cartoon these days so we snuggled in the recliner for a few minutes and enjoyed the calm before the storm. About 1 episode is all they will watch before they hit the ground running. Wild!


During breakfast, Daddy and PawPaw came in from gathering up the rest of the needed material and were ready to work on the bathroom. They got so much accomplished in just a short amount of time and ended up finishing it the very next day. {I 'll go into more details in another post}
Our house was absolutely chaotic the entire day with one room completely under constructions, 2 men in and out of the house all day long, and 2 very curious children who just wanted to play with their Daddy and PawPaw. By that evening I was in desperate need of a sanity drive so I loaded up both Littles and we drove and drove and drove until I felt sane again! This girly passed out before we made it out of the driveway.
It helped to see this shining pretty over our property! Amazing!
7.3.12
Westin hadn't felt his best over the past few days and had a few rough nights during the week. In addition, AR has been restless. Heath was literally pushed out of the bed Tuesday night and felt the need to take this before moving to the couch.
My mom's response when I sent her the picture: "Y'all should just make it a one bedroom house!" :)
7.4.12
Independence Day:
Our day wasn't near as eventful as it usually is. Heath and his dad finished putting shingles on our pavilion so we could enjoy it the rest of the weekend and that took them much longer than expected. Around lunch time, we all got cleaned up and set out to satisfy our craving for wings. Surprisingly, the only restaurant open in the area that served wings was Hooters so that is where we ended up. Not exactly what I had in mind for the 4th of July but the kids loved all the attention! Afterwards, we went to watch fireworks over the lake with friends!
7.6.12
Westin didn't seem to be getting any better so I decided early Friday morning to get him into the doctor before the weekend. His birthday party is coming up and I wanted to make sure he was healthy before the big day. Thankfully, Daddy was willing to take AR with him so the doctor's office visit wasn't as bad as I envisioned!
7.7.12
Cocoa Krispies kind of morning for the 4 of us and the rest of the afternoon spent under the pavilion with friends, watching the water run! That's what our Saturday entailed.
Westin big day is just around the corner and we have family coming in tomorrow to spend the entire week with! Lots of updates to come!

















1 comment:
i was just thinking to myself this morning about you and wondering where in the world you have been!!!!! so glad to catch up on your families adventures :) if you ever come to TX - I want to meet you and your kiddos.
Post a Comment