Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Westin = 2

On July 16, 2010 at 12:30 pm we welcomed this cutie! 2 years ago I had no idea what I was in for. This little boy has rocked our world in the best way possible! He's rambunctious, loud, and all boy! He is by far the coolest kid ever :)


Westin,
 At 2 years old, you weigh a little over 27lb and you are 35 inches tall which puts you in the 50th percentile in weight and a little more in height! Thankfully, you are growing strong and right on track considering you eat very little but never stay still. These days you will eat watermelon, bananas, apples, cheese, crackers, cereal, pancakes {cupcakes} and anything sweet. You love milk but would much rather have a drink of someone else's tea or coke. In fact, I moved your car seat behind my seat in the car so you won't beg for my drink every time I take a sip. I blame your grandparents for that. :)


At the end of January you got tubes in you ears and was put on 2 inhalers for your asthma. Since then you have been one healthy boy other than a cold here and there. We haven't had any more respiratory issues or ear infections since then. I am so happy we are on the right track to keep you healthy!


You still love anything with wheels and can spot a tractor a  mile away. You love playing outside and hanging out with Daddy and the boys. Although you love the women of the family, you give most of your attention to the males. Other things you like to do is swing, water the flowers, play dress up with AR, watch Bubble Guppies {Puppies}, play ball, go on sanity drives, brush your teeth, take a bath, wash your hands, and you absolutely love shoes. As soon as you wake up you are asking for your shoes. It's never surprising to see you slipping your feet in someone else's shoes to strut your stuff! I think your most favorite thing to do is sing. You  tell me to "Tur it Up", meaning the radio when a good song comes on the radio and almost every song you recognize you will scream, "It's my song, Ma!" You know a lot of songs and I'm always so surprised how well you know the lyrics! Music is definitely your thing!


As far as your speech, it's one I've never worried about. You can say anything and you speak very clear most of the time. These past few weeks you've been talking up a storm and carrying on full conversations with us. You went from saying a few familiar words to speaking sentences very quickly and can now communicate anything you wants to say. I love to hear you talk because you are very country! My favorite thing you say right now is Ma {mom}! Daddy and I get a kick out of you every time it comes out of your mouth. You'll  say, "Watch this, Ma!" "You ready, Ma?" "Ma, where are you?" "All done, Ma!" I'm not sure where you picked it up from but I love it. You also say: 

"ball game" for ball
"ay eese" for Ava Reese
"sing" for swing
"kankie" for blankie
"chichen" for chicken

One thing most people notice when you speak is the ending to your words. You end a lot of words with "er". 
For example:

"her" for here
"were" for where
"over der" for over there

It's really country and really funny!


You are a cotton top, curly headed, handsome little boy you has us all wrapped around your finger. 


Westin, you are two!

2 comments:

The Lamberts said...

That is so cute about the singing!! :-) Turn it up Ma!

Amber Maddux said...

could he be anymore precious!