Westin has been obsessed with tractors since we got one of our own a few months ago and when asked what kind of birthday party he wanted {after given several choices} his immediate response every time was "twactor!!" I wanted to go with a tractor theme but wanted to stay as far away as possible from the typical "John Deere" theme so I went with red and black colors and more of a rustic look. The only 2 areas I felt needed to be decorated was the mantle where we opened gifts and the food table.
Codie at White Cotton Paperworks not only came to our house one afternoon to take Westin's 2 year old pictures but she also created Westin's birthday invites and party favor tags! I couldn't have been more pleased with the way they turned out!
invitation
party favor tag
food label
On Saturday, many of our friends and family came out to celebrate Westin's 2nd birthday. We set up the water slide we used last year at Westin's first birthday party for the main entertainment. It's always a hit! We also decided to serve lunch which included pizza, watermelon, chips and dip and a few sweets.
I pushed our kitchen table to the corner, in front of a chalkboard I made a few weeks ago and hung the burlap birthday banners {inspired from here} above it. I put copies of Westin's birthday pictures {which we had made in front of an old tractor} in an old window we weren't using to use as a focal point on the table. To keep the look "rustic", I put tall grass I pulled from the back yard in clay vases that we've had around the house for years. The only other addition to the table decor was 2 red, metal tractors I picked up from Hobby Lobby. I was very pleased with the way it turned out!
I pushed our kitchen table to the corner, in front of a chalkboard I made a few weeks ago and hung the burlap birthday banners {inspired from here} above it. I put copies of Westin's birthday pictures {which we had made in front of an old tractor} in an old window we weren't using to use as a focal point on the table. To keep the look "rustic", I put tall grass I pulled from the back yard in clay vases that we've had around the house for years. The only other addition to the table decor was 2 red, metal tractors I picked up from Hobby Lobby. I was very pleased with the way it turned out!
I have a really hard time spending a lot of money on birthday cakes. The only cake I've ever had professionally made and spent a fortune on was my wedding cake. The Little's birthday cakes have always been made by a family member and I've always been very pleased. This year, our cousin Ashley made Westin's. She posted a picture in February of a monster truck cake she made for her son and offered to do Westin's as well. In the birthday party section of Walmart I found a 4 pack of plastic tractors that were perfect for the top of the cake and only cost $1. Not only was the cake precious, it was really good too! Thanks Ashley!
As I mentioned, we decided to serve lunch and after a little bit of going back and forth, we chose to serve pizza. Who doesn't like pizza? It's easy to grab and go and if you get Little Caesars, it's only $5! Heath laughed at me for buying too much pizza but by the time the last guest left, we only had half a box of pizza left! Our guests at up some 'grub!'
In addition to the 'grub', we also served 'tractor tires', 'chicken feed', and hay stacks!
I found the metal, chalkboard pails in the dollar section at Target. They were perfect for the dips and also held the forks for the cake!
Last but not least were the party favors. My mom made dirt cups {brownies, chocolate pudding, Oreos, and gummy worms} for all of the guest to take home and wrapped them,with a spoon included, and tied these cute favor tags to them! They were a perfect addition to the tractor party. However, I am the worlds worst at remembering to give out party favors so we have half of them sitting in our refrigerator at the moment.
So there's the party table!
Since most of the Littles came ready to swim, we let them enjoy the water slide for about an hour. Clouds and a few sprinkles of rain moved in just in time for us to move everyone in to do cake and presents. Thankfully, the sun came back out rather quickly!
Westin put on his shy face during the birthday song but blew out his candles like a champ. I helped a little!
He racked up with the presents! I think his big sister and Mags were more excited about the gifts than he was!
The rest of the afternoon, we played!
Happy Birthday Westin!!


3 comments:
I'm glad Westin liked his cake! Just sorry we were late... Can't believe I thought it started @2!
He just gets cuter and cuter! Btw where did you get that slide!? It looks awesome!!
Such a cute birthday and birthday boy!!! You did such a good job! I love reading your blog! You are my inspiration to keep on moving along!
Post a Comment