Friday, November 2, 2012

Twick or Tweat

as Westin says:)

Halloween was a fun filled day with a little taking care of business in between.

It began with sleeping in a little later than normal....on purpose. AR and Westin had their Halloween party at school at 9:00 so I waited until a little before then to take them since I took the entire day off {not because it was Halloween}.

We took our time getting our Halloween attire on for the big party. I was very wishy washy on their costumes this year. My original plan was for AR and Westin's costumes to go together. I talked up Minnie and Mickey for several weeks but AR never really seemed to buy in. She kept bringing up other things and never got really excited over being Minnie. One day she brought up the idea of Barbie and I thought that we could come up with something really cute and not so "costume-ish." I also thought Westin would make the perfect Ken and got an idea in my head about how I wanted Westin to dress. When I found out that AR and Westin were actually dressing up at school I started feeling bad about making Westin be Ken. He doesn't even know who Ken is and I knew all of his little friends would be dressed in something really cool to him. I hated for him to think he didn't really dress up. So I went in a completely different direction for him and I am so glad I did!

We kept the Barbie idea for AR...

...and Westin became Super Westin.


They were both very pleased and were in great moods as we left for the big Halloween party!


 At the preschool the 2, 3, and 4 year old classes had a yummy Halloween snack while showing off their costumes to the crowd of parents.

 


After the snack the 3 and 4 year old Littles got ready for the parade. This was the first year AR took part in the Halloween parade so I wasn't quit sure what to expect. The downtown businesses were ready for our crowd with a supply of candy. We walked a few blocks and each child got their buckets filled as we visited each business by foot.


After the parade, I took the kids to McDonald's for lunch and then on to the pediatrician for our well visit. Of course, our appointment landed in the middle of nap time so the kids were not on their best behavior. We survived and to say a sanity drive was needed afterwards is an understatement.


After the kids woke from their nap we headed over to Nana's to get dolled up for a night of Trick or Treating.


 Every year on Halloween we go to my Dad's. We live in the country where subdivisions are few and far between. My dad lives in a very large neighborhood in Birmingham so it's a perfect layout for Trick or Treating. My niece, Maggie {Super Maggie}, along with our cousins, Leighton and Dakota {Harry Potters} joined us for the fun!







 We decided to only hit about 10 houses {2 culdesacs}. All of the kids decided they were too big to be helped and marched their way around like professionals. Westin was so precious repeating the phrase, "Twick or Tweat" until candy landed in his bucket and then he would turn around and scream, "Thank you, Mommy!" I'm not quit sure why I was thanked but at least he used his manners. AR decided she was "kinda" scared of the Halloween decorations and didn't quit understand why we were stopping before her bag was full.



Happy Halloween!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

LOVE the costume and AR's shirt is adorable!! BK needs one :)