Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thanksgiving

We did celebrate this holiday called Thanksgiving. It wasn't my favorite Thanksgiving we ever had simply because we had to spend it away from Daddy. Heath has had to work some long hours the past few weeks and couldn't get away from work in time to get out of town with the family. In between work he was able to get in a few good deer hunts and make it to AR's first school program.

AR goes to a baptist church preschool so on the day of their program we gathered in the church sanctuary to watch our little Pilgrims and Indians perform songs they have been working on for a few weeks.




After the program, we were fed our first Thanksgiving feast!

My Little Indian

After the program, Daddy went back to work and the kids and I made the haul to Blairsville, GA to see MiMi and Poppa! This was the best road trip ever. The kids were on their best behavior and took their nap right in the middle of 5:00 Atlanta traffic which made that chaos go much more smoothly!

Along with MiMi and Poppa, we also got to enjoy Aunt Sarah, Maggie, Uncle Stephen and Aunt Amber's company. The first night we snuggled with Maggie and Sarah which surprisingly turned out just fine. I woke before everyone to find Westin and Maggie "spooning!" So precious! 


One thing I love about going to my mom's is the laziness it allows. The kids spend way too long in their pajamas...


and enjoyed cartoons with Uncle Stephen...


We played on the iPad, 


had play dates in the basement,


read new books on the Kindle...


and enjoyed each others company... silently! Bliss!


I promise we weren't completely lazy the entire trip.

AR helped MiMi fix dinner and posed in her apron.


We attempted a photo shoot with the kids and although we didn't get the shots we wanted, we did get some cute ones...








...and enjoyed time with Poppa!


After our photo shoot on Thanksgiving day, I decided Westin was in dire need of a nap and I was in need of a sanity drive. I love family time but throw my two wild, tired kids in the mix and I'm pretty sure everyone is wondering when we are leaving. So we took a long drive and enjoyed the scenery while we waited on Uncle Eric and Memaw and Mike to arrive. When we returned, everyone was there, the kids were rested, and it was time to eat.


Yummy!!


After we filled our tummies, us "kids" spent time downstairs...
playing Scrabble, watching Polar Express, and reading books.





It was a great Thanksgiving and I was so thankful to be able to spend time with family. My life gets so busy and my biggest regret is not being able to spend as much time with them as I would like. 

On Sunday, we went to Pop's and JiJi's to enjoy one last feast before getting ready for Christmas!


Happy Thanksgiving! 

1 comment:

Amber Maddux said...

i just to squeeze westin's precious little bubbly cheeks!!!!