Monday, October 22, 2012

A Duck Dynasty Halloween

I am sure it is no surprise to most of you that one of our favorite shows is Duck Dynasty. Although my husband is not a duck hunter, he is amused by the Robertson men.


Heath and I knew we were going to have a kid free Saturday evening, we just had to choose what we were going to do. I bought him Eric Church concert tickets for Father's Day but after such an exhausting month, neither one of us were really in the mood to go. So we went with option #2. Our friends, who live across the street, invited us to their Halloween party. It's been years {before AR} since we had been to a Halloween party so we thought it would be fun to come up with a costume idea and hang out with adults for a few hours. I threw out a few costume suggestions through out the week but Heath ultimately decided that he wanted to be Willie Robertson from Duck Dynasty.

Heath had everything he needed to be Willie except for the hair. I ran to a Halloween store Saturday morning and found a wig and beard set for a decent price. We had to do a little trimming on it but it worked out just fine for what we needed. Thankfully for me, his wife is tall and thin with a really cute style so my part didn't require much planning. My biggest challenge was making sure I had time to actually fix my hair and put make up on.



So here we are as, Willie and Korie.
Heath decided to dress the part of Willie the duck hunter, not Willie the CEO. It was absolutely hilarious!

We had a great night with fun friends!!

I can't wait to get the Littles all dressed up. No, their costumes have nothing to do with Duck Dynasty. In fact, they're the polar opposite :)

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

What fun costumes! Some friends and I get together each week to watch Duck Dynasty. I love it! :)