Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Paint Party Details

My original plans for AR's 4th birthday was to have her a very small family party with maybe a few friends to set the tone for future birthday parties. I am feeling like it's about time for a break from massive, all out birthday parties. However, after deciding on a paint party for AR, I figured this was one that we were going to have to go all out with. It just had too  much potential to be mediocre.

With that being said, we still only invited a few friends and kept the family list short as well knowing that these few friends would bring siblings and parents. We had a perfect turn out with a yard full of some of our most favorite people.

My mom came into town on Thursday night and pretty much put the party together for me. She did all of the shopping, made the treats, and ended up doing last minute set up with my sister when my children wouldn't cooperate on the morning of the party.

Not only did my friend Codie from White Cotton Photography design the invites and favor tags she was also sweet enough to spend her Saturday morning with our rowdy crew capturing this precious party for me! Have I mentioned how much I love her.

Here are a few pictures of the treat table. I was the cool mom who served junk food before lunch Saturday morning. I am sure all the parents loved me about nap time :)



Our cousin, Ashley made AR's cake. She made Westin's cake in July and not only are her cakes precious, they are absolutely fabulous. It was seriously delicious!



 We bought 5x7 canvas boards and gave each child a pallet of paint. Deciding it would be best that we give all of the Littles a direction to go with when painting the masterpiece, each child ended up making it their own.


 



In addition to our main event which was painting canvases, we also had Spin Art which was a big hit...



...and face painting. My SIL, Amber was sweet enough to take on the task of painting the faces of all of our guests.



 Here is the only picture I took the entire party :)


Thanks to all of our friends and family for making this such a special day for AR. She is still talking about her big day!




5x7 Invite

Printed with Pearl Finish
3x3 Food Labels
3x3 Favor Tags 

1 comment:

Megan said...

Love this! It's a MUST on the party list for my kids! I'm sure they had lots of fun. My grandmother is an artist, so we grew up painting "masterpieces" in her basement. Wonderful memories. Precious party!