Monday, October 1, 2012

October 1st

To most people, October 1st is just another day of the year. However, to me October 1st is my favorite day of the year. As a child, I always looked forward to the day. Who didn't look forward to their birthday growing up?? As I got older, the day remained special to me. I will proudly admit that I don't mind telling people that it's my birthday. Who wouldn't want someone to show you "love" on the only day that is yours. That's the mindset I have had as long as I can remember. I love birthdays and that's how I view them...YOUR day.

When I was pregnant with AR, I couldn't wait to meet AR on her birthday! What would her special day be?? I know I have said this before but I will say it again. I did not want AR to be born on my birthday. Not only was it my day, but I also wanted AR to have her own day. God had other plans :) As of 6:45 AM on October 1, 2008 I share a birthday with my beautiful Ava Reese and I couldn't imagine it any other way. How could I not want to spend such a special day with such a special person. Our day is always that....ours, and we make sure that we do exactly what we want to do on our birthday.

Over the past 4 years I have made sure that I had the day off to spend with my birthday girl.

On her first birthday, we went and had our birthday pictures made, visited some of our favorite people, ate lunch, and met Daddy for a big dinner!
0132

On her second birthday, Daddy came in from working out of town and spent the day with us. We spent most of the morning at the mall, ate lunch and got ready for our Friday night birthday party. It was a hoot!

For her third birthday, Daddy insisted he and Westin tag along since it was a Sunday afternoon, so we all went to McDonald's and then enjoyed an afternoon playing games at Treetop.

For her fourth birthday, we are doing exactly what she chose to do...spending most of the day apart. AR is in 3-K this year and loves it! She asks every weekend if it's time to go to school. So when given the option to spend the day with me or go to school she chose to spend the day with her friends. She insisted that she needs cupcakes and juice for all the kids in her class, so after lunch and nap time I will be making my appearance with her requests. I still chose to take the day off, thinking I could find plenty to do to fill my time. What am I going to do with no husband, children, or work responsibilities for an entire morning? I can think of plenty!!

So today is October 1st. It's not just my day anymore. It's far more special than that!!
Happy Birthday, Reese's Cup!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

love it! i think its so crazy that yall share the same day as my son and i....i mean, this must be the day the share! i love that though! hope you both had a great day! my son was out at 6:15!!

Amber Maddux said...

i've missed you and Happy Belated Birthday you two :)