Wednesday, October 28, 2009

1st Annual Birthday BBQ

jointpartybig


Beth and I thought it would be so much fun to have AR and Alston a joint birthday party since their birthdays are so close together and since they were both turning one. We didn't want to have one big party because we wanted them to have their own individual first birthday parties to celebrate with their families. Therefore, after celebrating their birthdays with our families earlier this month, this Sunday we celebrated by having AR and Alston a 1st Annual Birthday BBQ with a few close mutual friends and family. We had a small, "quiet" turn out and AR and Alston got lots of cute stuff. Our friends know them well! AR, bless her heart, had been sick all weekend and was in no mood for people or food. She literally cried the whole party. She just did not feel good. Alston was also a little cranky but was pretty good for the most part. I am so happy they got to celebrate their birthday together but in a way, I am happy the all of the birthday celebrations are over. When Beth and I were talking about and planning 3 different birthday parties, it sounded like a great idea but after having birthday parties 3 out of the 4 weekends in October, it was a little exhausting, not just for us, but for the hubbies and babies too. Thank you Beth for everything. My friend Beth not only made the invites and birthday shirts, she also allowed us to crash at her house for the weekend {blog post and pictures to come} so we could help get ready for the birthday party! Have I mentioned how awesome she is! Here are a few pictures from the party.

PA210276


PA210280


PA210310


PA210307


PA210292


Click here to see a few more snap shots!

1 comment:

Beth Scott said...

We had so much fun spending the weekend with you guys! I'm glad you got more pictures of the party than I did!