Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Trick or Treat

FYI: This is long! When I started this post I quickly realized I had a lot more to say than I thought. I think it's because Halloween is just the beginning of a long line of holidays and family get togethers which gets me so excited!! I LOVE this time of year!!

It's become a tradition of ours to go to my dad's and step mom's house for Halloween. Before we had children, we loved to go see my little brother dressed up and hand out candy while they took him out to trick or treat! They live in a very large subdivision in Birmingham so on Halloween the streets are flooded with children with an endless number of houses to visit!! It's a lot of fun! This year the subdivision "requested" to have trick or treaters out on Saturday night instead of Sunday. For this reason, there wasn't near the traffic that we are use to.

AR had been running a really high fever for 3 days so I really wasn't sure if we would make it this year. However, she woke up Saturday morning feverless and continued to stay that way the rest of the day! So we decided she was good to go! Amanda, Ashley, and Luke decided to join us this year and Sarah was there with sweet Maggie so we had a caravan of strollers and toddlers!

AR was a horse this year! Even though she is only 2, I wanted her to enjoy her costume! We went to Party City to get her and Westin matching costumes {because I just though that would be precious}. However, I wasn't impressed by the selection. After a few costume fittings, a careless expression from AR, and an impatient Daddy, I decided the matching costume idea could wait until next year when I actually had a little more time to plan it. I had noticed in Taret a few weeks earlier that they had newborn/infant costumes that would be perfect for Westin because they were a lot like sleepers so I knew they would be comfortable. So we headed to Target to look through their mess of a selection. Heath found this horse costume that I had a fit over. Until then, AR was very uninterested in the costumes and was getting very aggrivated that we kept putting them on her. However, when she stuck her legs in the horse costume, her face lit up and she began to gallop all over Target! It was the reaction I was waiting for! 
So for Halloween, we had a Horse and a Monkey!

Maggie was Cinderalla, Emma Beth was a witch, and Blaine and Sawyer were also monkeys. I am not quit sure what Joseph was...I think he made it up :)


This was AR's first year to really understand the whole trick or treating process. It took her a few houses to get the hang of it but once she did she was non stop and walked the whole way. She tickled us because after she would say "Twit a Tweat" and recieve her candy, she would then look at them with a confused look and say "MORE, please!" She didn't understand that you only get a little at each house. She had a blast and Westin never saw a minute of it. He slept the whole time :)
We attempted a group picture afterwards which was a mistake. They were exhausted {and so were we}. Next year we will take the pictures first. Here are two attempts of a group picture:
Happy Halloween

No comments: