Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Oh Crappy Day

AR has been sick with bronchitis/pneumonia for a week. Unless she was running a fever, it never really brought her down. She was still one wild woman! This weekend, Westin started showing signs of getting sick also: congestion, low grade fever, no appetite. He took a turn for the worse yesterday. I got him into the doctor today but he had me a nervous wreck the whole way there. He seemed to be breathing hard and could barely keep his eyes open. I have never seen him look so pitiful. I should have been worried because my baby had a 105.6 temperature {this is not a typo} and his O2 level was at 93. PANIC set in and Dr. Goldblatt moved us to the front of his visits. He was immediately given a dose of Tylenol, stripped of his clothes, covered in cold rags, and given a cold popsicle to nibble on. When we got him cooled down we had blood taken, an xray, an antibiotic shot, and a breathing treatment. 



Thankfully his O2 levels came up after his breathing treatment and his fever came down or we would have been making a trip to Children's. The results showed that he has pneumonia and the croup. He has to be rechecked in a week and will be referred to a pulmonologist.

He felt so much better on the way home and took a nice long nap!

As for this stinker, she also had to be rechecked today and she is sounding good! She was put on Singulair for her allergies so hopefully that will help her feel better this summer!

1 comment:

Allison said...

oh my goodness! I am so sorry! Westin just looks soo sad with that rag! I am sure you were freaking out! I hope he is all better very soon!