Thursday, June 16, 2011

Westin = 11 months

My sweet Westin!
You are now 11 months old. My baby is less than a month away from being a year old! It's so hard to even wrap my mind around the fact you will no longer be a baby.

I'm not sure how big you actually are but I would say you weigh around 23 lbs and are around 31 inches. I figured you have probably put on a little weight and grew an inch or so since last month. You are now in a size 5 diaper and wear mostly 18 month clothing.
I've decided that there is no way we are going to have you off the bottle by your first birthday. You love it so much and though you have done very well drinking out of a sippy cup during the day this past week you still want your bottle a bedtime {I know, bad Mommy}. You are getting really good at eating "big people" food, however, you are now considered my picky eater. I never thought I would have one like you. Mommy and Daddy and AR will just about eat any food you put in front of us, but not you my son, not you. At this moment in your life, about the only thing I can get you to eat is Ritz crackers or a grilled cheese and feeding you baby food is absolutely out of the question. You refuse! Oh, and speaking of eating, you have 6 teeth {4 on top and 2 on bottom}!!
You haven't been a very healthy boy these past 11 months. You are currently getting over pneumonia and the croup. I'm not sure why you have been so unhealthy but we are getting to the bottom of the situation. If its something in our house, we are going to find it, if its some other medical reasons, we are going to find the doctor to diagnose it. We have got to keep you healthy.
You have gotten really good a couch surfing and are a super fast crawler. You are into everything and it still never fails that we will pull something out of your mouth at least once a day. You have let go and stood by yourself just a few times and show no interest at all in walking. No rush on your part! As far as talking goes, you still only say a select few words but you have been known to say "Roll Tide" and "Joseph" in a very babyish, jibber jabberish sort of way. You definitely don't say them on your own but you will repeat them as well as other random words that catch your attention. You love waving at people and telling them "Hi." Even when you were running a really high fever at the doctor's office last week, you still made a point to flirt with the pretty nurse by waving at her several times! Your daddy was so proud!!

Westin you are 11 months!
Westin 1 monthWestin 2 months

3 months

4 months5 months

Westin = 6 months



1 comment:

Amber Maddux said...

YOU CAN TELL HE IS COMING INTO HIS PERSONALITY IN THESE PICTURES!!!!