We ended up deciding to go small and easy for AR's 3rd birthday party. AR has lots of little friends and cousins so we wanted to have it where she could invite all of them and not just a select few. McDonald's and her dance studio limited the number of guest we could invite so we decided to have it at the same park we had her 2nd birthday party. However, our guest list was MUCH smaller. We only invited her little friends and their parents and of course AR's grandparents. Our past birthday parties we sent out 50+ invites that included family, extended family, her friends, our friends and tons of kids. However, after Westin's birthday, a small wedding reception for my sister, and several larger family gatherings in the past few months we really needed to make this party as small and inexpensive as possible without disappointing the birthday girl. I think we were successful! This year I sent out under 20 invites and every one was addressed to a child under 5. We theme: These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things. I loaded the food table with all of AR's favorite snacks: plain ruffled chips, string cheese, green grapes, pink cookies and marshmallows, trail mix, and miniature Reese's Cups.
AR is loving her dance class and is obsessed with anything ballerina! When I asked her what she wanted for her birthday her response was: "A ballerina cake." So you can bet your fanny we made sure she had a ballerina cake. Aunt Liz came over on Friday and made her a precious cake. However, while Daddy was transporting it to the party it slid backwards which made it a little lopsided! It still was precious though and AR loved it!
To go along with our "Favorites" theme, I decided to give out AR's favorite...Reese's Cups. My friend, Codie and I brainstormed a little saying to go on her favor tags and came up with this: Thank you for coming to play with me. I hope you enjoy my favorite...a Reese's!
More to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment