I have so many pictures to share from the past few days but this week, including today, has been exhausting. So instead of taking the time to go through pictures, edit them, and upload them, I will just share a few things I have on my mind.
- AR has all of a sudden become such a big girl. From her looks, her behavior, her speech/language, and her interests. I don't have a little toddler anymore. She is such a big girl who is so funny and smart. Speaking of being big, at her 3 year old check up, we were told she is in the 70th percentile in her height and weight. Crazy.
- I just realized I never got around to doing an AR=3 post so be expecting that this weekend. I have so much to share about her! Oh, and I never did a Westin=15 months post so I guess I will be spending a large amount of time blogging this weekend :)
- It is officially hunting season here in the state of Alabama. Bow hunting season to be exact, not to be confused with gun season which is still a few weeks away. I have "been with" Heath going on 10 years which means I have dreaded and lived through 10 hunting seasons. Well, officially 9 since Heath worked out of town last hunting season. Anyway, every season I complain about the amount of time he is away from home. I hate the "unstructured-ness" of it. I hate making plans only to cancel them because he shot a deer and needs to track it...ha! Hunting season is just a thorn in my side. Well, it use to be a thorn in my side. This year, I am completely fine it. I'm kind of looking forward to days by myself where I can do exactly what I want to do. I will miss my sweet hubby and the extra set of hands around the house that I have gotten readjusted to since he has been back home but I'm a little giddy about having some me time. Does that make me an awful wife??
- My sister and I took the kids to my mom's this weekend {lots of pictures to share from that trip} and while I was there I learned a 2 things. One thing I learned is that the stage I am at in my life right now is what my mom refers to as a "Survival Stage". I think that is the perfect name for it. I feel like I am just barely getting by each day and feel guilty each night because I feel like I maybe could have/should have done more.{ More thoughts on this later. I could take up a whole post on this one subject alone.} Something else I learned is that I think we have finally gotten to a stage where I can take my children into a restaurant and not feel bad because they ruined someone else's meal with their behavior. We went out to eat several times while we were out of town and the kids did great! Westin still needed to be entertained quit a bit in order to stay calm and content and therefore I didn't exactly "enjoy" my dinner BUT they were well behaved and I didn't leave feeling like everyone was glad to see us go! Westin is still only 1, however, so this "acceptable restaurant behavior" might not be long lived.
- Halloween is coming up really fast. Is it really almost November?? I had big plans of dressing the Littles as two cute boy and girl characters but I don't know if it will happen this year. My original thought was to make their costumes but that is just not happening. So I checked online to price the costumes and I am NOT paying that much this year for Halloween costumes. So I might be the total SLACKER mom and not have my kids as "dolled up" as I imagined they would be.
- Heath and I have started the first season of Friday Night Lights and are completely addicted! I hopped on the band wagon and got Netflix through the PS3 so FNL was our first selection!
- The cotton is gone, my friends.
- I can't get over how many people are pregnant!!! A sweet friend of mine and my cousin just had a baby and I know of at least 5 people who are now expecting. With all of this baby making going on guess who has not had the tiniest ounce of baby fever..Us! Do you know what that confirms? Our little family of 4 is perfect for us...unless God has different plans in store for the Waldrop's. I just feel like our family is complete. We have a boy and a girl who are pretty healthy and happy! I'm not going to say NEVER but I think we are done!!
- AR got Disney on Ice tickets for her birthday and I think I might be more excited than she is that we are going! I was the same way about the circus last year! I can not wait!
- I few weeks ago I mentioned how rare it is that I miss a birthday party/baby shower/event. Since saying that, my family missed 3 birthday parties, a baby shower, a bridal event, and a housewarming party. They weren't missed because we just didn't want to go, they were missed because we were either sick or because we already had something going on. Heath told me that I am going to have to get over not making every event. Maybe one day I will listen.
- Roll Tide...
1 comment:
Great post... Just a thought, Old Navy has all their costumes 50% off right now (about $15) and babies r us has some for $8 that Westin could wear. I'm not positive they had any big enough for AR. I just wanted to let you know in case you changed your mind. Oh and unfortunately, the pig costume was too small for Brantley so I bought her a fairy costume from Babies R Us.
Post a Comment