Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pumpkin Pickin'

On Saturday, Heath and I took the Littles to Old Baker Farm for the Cotton Pickin Celebration. The festival is always a good time for the family and AR and Westin are at an age where they enjoy almost everything about it. We went AR's first Fall but haven't been back in the past two years. Last year, I couldn't bring myself to take them without Heath and of course he was in San Antonio. So this year I made sure to pencil it into our busy schedule.

Just from being from the community and our past experience, I knew that the later in the afternoon we waited to go the more crowded it would get. So we decided it was best to eat a small, quick breakfast. load the wagon and the kids in the car, and head to the pumpkin patch early. We arrived, parked, and paid by 10:00! Of course, they have all kinds of attractions right at the entrance but we made a B-line for the hay ride. I did not want to stand in line with Westin after he realized that we could actually ride behind the tractor. I knew his patience would be thin once he noticed and thankfully there was no wait when we got there!!
So first stop: The Pumpkin Patch
We decided to get one big family pumpkin and an AR size pumpkin. Neither AR nor Westin had a nap before we left and although their behavior was great their willingness to take pictures was less than stellar!!

Next stop: Saddle Swing and Hay Pile

At this point, we had to jostle through the crowd. We made a quick run through the barn for a peak at animals and made our way back to the entrance with a boiled peanut stop on the way.

 Last stop: Tractor Cycles and Cotton Jump

 On our way out we ran into a few cousins...
 

 ...and made the long walk back to the car.
Making memories!!

No comments: