Saturday, October 8, 2011

Our Birthday Outing

Every year on our birthday I take the day off work and spend the entire day with AR. On her first birthday it was just us girls. Last year, we let Daddy tag along since he was working out of town full time and had flown in for the big weekend! This year, our birthday was on a Saturday. I had mixed emotions about "our day" being on a Saturday. It was wonderful because it was one less day I would miss at work. However, with it being on a Saturday, I knew Daddy would be insistent on spending the day with us and if Daddy tagged along that meant Westin would need to come too. I know AR loves her little brother but she tends to get jealous of him and they don't always get along. With that being said, it was her day and I didn't want her to go through those emotions. I reluctantly allowed the boys to crash our day and it turned out to be a great decision!

We started the day by Daddy waking us up to remind us both that it was in fact our birthday. AR popped right out of bed and asked over and over if it was really her birthday. Once she was convinced she walked around the house singing "Happy Birthday to US"!

We decided the day would include lunch at McDonald's:
and then a full day at Treetop!
None of us had ever been to Tree Top so we had to scope the place out to begin with. Daddy is a sucker for video games so he drug the Littles all over the game room helping them play Guitar Hero, drive fast cars, and win very little tickets. 
I think between the 3 of them they won about 200 tickets. AR chose 2 sponge bob balls {one for her and her brother}, 2 rings and an army man...$25.00 worth of coins and that was what we came home with...ha!

Daddy really wanted AR to ride the go carts. I just knew she would be terrified and that she would be "that kid" they had to stop all the cars for to let her out. That was NOT the case!
Can you tell from this cute smile and wave that she thoroughly enjoyed herself!!

Westin fell asleep before we made it to the highway with the two balls he won still in hand.
AR was all smiles and begging for her left over lunch one minute and out like a light with a burger in hand the next!

Saturday night, AR and I went to Walmart to pick up a few things for her birthday party on Sunday. I reminded her that she was going to have a birthday party and all of her friends were going to come and play with her because it was her birthday. She asked if she was going to get to eat her cake and blow out her candles and I of course reassured her that not only would be able to do that, we would also sing happy birthday to her! She looked a little unsure for a minute and then she said... "Mommy, they are going to sing Happy Birthday to Ava Reese and Mommy. It's our birthday." What an unselfish 3 year old she can be at times! Sweet girl!

Happy birthday to us!
Next year our birthday will be on a Sunday. I'm thinking a girly outing that involves shopping, pedicures, a nice lunch, and more..OR.. since it will still be over the weekend we might take a trip to the mountains and enjoy everything it has to offer! October 1st is one special day!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So as I was reading your post I was wondering if I was reading it right, that you and your daughter share the same bday...as do my son and I. And when I got to the end I realized you do and its actually on the same day as ours as well! How funny! Oct 1 is a great day!