Friday, March 11, 2011

Lately...

Wow, it's been a while since I've blogged. No reason other than the fact that work has been C.R.A.Z.Y {State testing is quickly approaching} and I'm too exhausted in the afternoons to compose anything that requires thought. Paying bills and normal housework have even been a chore for this exhausted mind. Thank goodness for our Aunt Sonya who also happens to be Westin's amazing child care provider/babysitter/nanny {I'm not sure what the appropriate term would be}. She keeps me in line!! I would not survive without her.

Lately:

-Spring Break is officially here!! I am looking forward to spending a full week with the family.

-Both of the kids are sick. AR has an awful sinus infection that we can't seem to shake and Wesin, bless his bones, has the croup....again.

-I gave up Facebook for lent. Therefore, I haven't been on it since Wednesday. It's amazing how addictive it is, how much better I feel, and how much stuff I can get done since I'm not spending ALL of my free time on it. I really thought it would be a major sacrifice for me but it's been 3 full days and I AM REALLY OK :)

-AR has been in preschool for a full month now and LOVES it. Every night and weekend she begs to play with her friends. She now has a nap mat, lunch box, and book bag that she will not let me forget to grab on the way out the door. She is such a big girl! Preschool is helping us slowly do away with blankie. She is not allowed to have her blankie during the day and at nap time she never asks for it. She simply covers herself up in her nap mat and doses off! Now if we could only get her to give it up when she is at home.

-Westin is crawling...kind of. I would call it more of an uncoordinated army crawl but boy he gets where he wants to. His favorite thing to do right now is rough house with AR. I am amazed how rough he lets her be with him. I see lots of fights in our living room floor in the near future.


-I have started taking a couple of sewing classes at the local fabric shop, Sew Close to Home. Thursday night was a romper class so I made Westin a brown seersucker romper for the summer.
The "W" hasn't actually been monogrammed on yet.
I am in love with it and can't wait to make Maggie and Westin several more. I have to say I am very impressed with it. Tomorrow I am taking a pants/shorts class which I heard is much easier to make. I can't wait to make several pairs of shorts for the kiddos this summer! I might even venture out and make capris for AR...WATCH OUT :)

-Did you notice the new blog design. My sweet friend, Allison, managed to fit me into her already busy life {she just started FarelyRoad Designs...check her out} and put it all together for me! Thanks friend!!

-Did I mention it's Spring Break!

I'll leave with a few pictures from last weekend. Heath was home for 4 days so we had some great Daddy time! I sometimes forget how nice it is to have an extra set of hands. I actually caught myself grinning in situations that would normally stress me out if I was doing it all by myself! I certainly have a new appreciation for single, working moms.




We had a wonderful time with friends and family. We even got to spend an afternoon with Maggie minus her mommy...






Sweet Maggie:



A lot more to come over the next week!

1 comment:

The Buchanan Family said...

outfit for Westin is too cute. Glad your back to blogging.