Tuesday, February 2, 2010

In a Nutshell

Friday night AR and I spent the night at Pop's and JiJi's so we could play/babysit Uncle Joe Saturday morning. AR slept until 9:30 Saturday morning and was treated to some yummy doughnuts when she finally awoke.

We decided to also spend the night Saturday night because JiJi invited us to go to their church Sunday morning. Heath and I have visited a few churches throughout the year but really haven't been to one that we just loved. However, I have found it! It was the first time I have left a church and couldn't wait to go back! If you are from Birmingham {or not}, you have probably heard of Church of the Highlands. Well, the Church of the Highlands' main campus is a good 45 minute drive for us and we really don't want to drive that far to go to church. However, they now have Greystone campus where you hear the same sermon from the same pastor from the original Church of the Highlands. It really is great! After church and a nap, I took AR outside to take a few pictures since she is now 16 months!

I love this little dress. AR's Paw Paw {Heath's dad} got it for her for Christmas. AR was so excited about wearing her boots! She loves them!Sunday afternoon, Nana came pick up AR. I had a HUGE surprise for AR Sunday night and had lots to do to prepare for the surprise. The surprise was Daddy. Heath has been in San Antonio, TX for the last 2 weeks and wasn't suppose to come home until Valentine's weekend. However, he called me Thursday and told me he was going to be able to come home for a few days! After I left to go pick him up from the airport, Nana brought AR home so she would be here when he walked in the door. When he walked in she wasn't quit sure how to act or how to express her feelings. So she just started running in circles around the living room and screaming. It was so cute! She loves that Daddy! We have missed him bunches!

What a good weekend!
On a different note: My sister has FINALLY started a blog. She is also pregnant and I have been trying to get her to start a blog for months. She finally did so check it out: http://sarahelizabeth1990.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

Ashley -- The 2nd picture with the sugar from the donuts on her mouth is adorable.:) I love reading your blog!