Thursday, March 25, 2010

Goodbye San Antonio

So with all the excitement of deciding on Westin's name, making our way back to Alabama, and State testing at schol this week, I haven't had time and actually forgot to share the last part of our trip to San Antonio. On Friday night, we took AR to downtown San Antonio to the Riverwalk. It was PACKED! All of the restraunts had an hour wait and everyone was shoulder to shoulder. To top it off, it also started drizzling. We finally found a Mexican restraunt that only had a few minute wait and it actually ended up being GREAT! We decided to head back home after dinner because it was just too crowded to enjoy with a baby in a stroller.
The plan was for us to go back early the next morning since Heath didn't have to work but Saturday ended up being the worse day there, weather wise. It was miserably COLD, RAINY, and WINDY. We decided to stop for doughnuts and drive out to where Heath is working so I could see what was going on.
 AR napped almost all morning so it was nice to drive around and have grown up talk for a little while. After AR woke up, we went to the outlet malls {again} because Heath had never been there. He didn't even know they were there until I found them on Sunday...ha! We decided to have a lazy night of tv watching and ordered pizza to enjoy some quiet time alone as a family Saturday night. Sunday morning we said our sad goodbye to Daddy and made our long trip back to Birmingham.
AR did not take a nap before we headed to the airport so I just knew she would be good and ready once we got seated on the plane. The problem was she was way past ready and very irritable. Everything that didn't go her way ticked her off. We boarded on time but ended up sitting on the runway for over 20 minutes because it was so windy. AR had a complete melt down and there was nothing I could do to make her happy. As soon as the plane FINALLY got in the air she was out like a light and slept the short plane ride to Houston. She cracked me up as we were walking through the Houston airport because as I pushed her stroller to our terminal she was doing a "Ms. America wave" to everyone we passed. It's like she thought all of those people were sitting there waiting for her to come by. It was quit amusing!! Our flight from Houston to New Orleans was delayed an hour. Again, AR couldn't handle the waiting part of it but as soon as we got in the air she slept the whole way to New Orleans. We didn't have to change planes in New Orleans so she slept the whole time our plane deboarded and then boarded again and the whole way home from New Orleans to Birmingham. Once we landed in Birmingham she finally woke up.
Mommy was EXHAUSTED once we finally got home and AR was wide awake and ready to go. We are glad to be home but can't wait to spend some more quality time with our Daddy. The days are hard without him but the time apart makes cherish every moment we have with him!
HURRY UP EASTER!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad yall made it back with major problems. I had heard that planes were being delayed when I knew yall would be right in the middle of you venture back to Alabama... I was so worried for yall!! I'm so pumped for Westin!!! YAY!! Me & RD will have to come play in Texas with yall! I love Texas and don't even get me started on RD's love for Texas... ha. Love yall! {I can't wait to add Westin to the blog header!!}