Saturday, March 27, 2010

Movin on Up

AR has been sleeping in her pack n play next to my bed for the last few months. For some reason the child became terrified of her crib and after becoming pregnant, I really didn't fight her to sleep in it. Today, I decided to convert her crib to the next stage, the day bed/toddler bed. I had not originally planned on doing this today but I found this cute bedding at Target for pretty cheap and decided this is what we will do tonight :) This is the first step in changing her room over from a nursery to a little girl room. We have a ways to go since I haven't done much to it since she was born.
AR loves the fact that she can crawl on and off her bed all by herself. She also loves her new owl throw pillow. I was hoping this would convince her to love her "new" bed. She pondered over it for a while....
...and decided she likes it.
So guess who fell asleep in her own room tonight in her big girl bed.
Mommy is thrilled!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Can I just say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE this bedding? LOVE IT!!!!! Good job, Mommy!!!

The Lamberts said...

so adorable! ar is growing up so fast

Taz + Belly said...

Good for you! Aren't you impressed with how quickly they decide to be big? I was all stressed out about moving Ella into her twin bed and she took it like a champ. The bedding is precious... although I am partial to owls :).

The Buchanan Family said...

we have the exact same bedding in twin size! Laynee got it for her b'day! How exciting...makes me want to say she's a big girl now (I think from the pull up commercial) ha!

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness......I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the bedding!!! It's almost as sweet as AR sleeping in that bed. I LOVE the owl pillow.

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Her bedding is SOO stinkin' cute!!! Not to mention how precious her sweet face is!!! Yay for being a big girl!!!

Allison said...

That bedding is really cute! I love the owl pillow. I'm glad she likes her new big girl bed.