For New Years Eve 2010, Heath and I spent the evening at Beth and Patrick's new house! AR had been sick all week and even though she felt better she really wasn't 100% by Friday. Since she was feeling better we sent her and Westin to Pop's and JiJi's for the night! It was very nice to have a night without babies! We did, however, spend precious time with these babies and their parents!!
As the New Year approached I wrote down a few resolutions I really wanted to stick to.
I consider myself pretty realistic and therefore I tried to make resolutions I can handle.
Ashley:
1. Read Bible... I got a new Bible for Christmas that I am so excited about and now I am ready to read it through. I am not a really fast reader and sometimes I have to read things several times to comprehend it so I found a guide that will lead me through the Bible in a years worth of time. I don't just want to read it, I want to understand it and study it as I go so if it takes me longer than a year I am alright with that.
2. I have been feeling so tired and worn out the past few months and I know it is because I don't take care of myself like I should. Therefore, water, vitamins, and healthier food is in store. I am not cutting out chocolate or saying I won't drink another Dr. Pepper but I am going to make a point to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day and take my daily vitamins.
3. Get myself organized. Since Westin arrived I have let my organized life begin to clutter. I need to organize my life {appointments, daily routine, etc}, my house {closets, filing cabinet/office, kitchen cabinets, pictures, etc}, and my classroom.
{Heath is not one to make New Years Resolutions so I made a few for him}
1. Make doctor/dentist appointments and go to them. I hate that we have the wonderful insurance that he doesn't use...
3. Work closer to home :) Heath's job has been a blessing at this point in our life. I never want to seem like I am ungrateful for it. However, it is so hard to be away from each other for such long periods of time. His job situation is something I will continue to pray about daily.
4. Complete Baby Step Three - Finish the Emergency Fund (Dave Ramsey). Heath and I have been working on our Total Money Makeover for a couple of years and we are so excited about being debt free! Our next step is to save save save!!
AR:
1. She has GOT to sleep in her bed all night
2. Potty trained
3. Get in a good routine {I will have to set that for her}
Westin:
1. Two children {a boy and a girl} is perfect for our life. Heath and I are both ALMOST positive we will not have anymore. Therefore, Westin is going to have to quit growing up so fast unless he wants to end up as the middle child in this family :)
"Three-hundred sixty-five bright mornings and starlit evenings; fifty-two promising weeks; twelve transformative months full of beautiful possibilities; and four splendid seasons. A simply abundant year to be savored." - Unknown
May yours be all of this and more!
1 comment:
Have you saw the show Til Debt do us part? She makes some good points, it's very interesting! Good luck with ya'll's. We are working on it too!
Post a Comment