Monday, January 17, 2011

Winter Storm 2011

The closer the "winter storm" got to Alabama the more nervous I got. I just imagined the kids and I waking up in the middle of the night freezing cold in the dark with no power. So I decided we were not going to take the chance. Therefore, AR, Westin and I stocked up on milk, formula, diapers, and snacks and spent 3 days and 2 nights with our cousins!!

7 Kids/7 adults

Day 1:
2 big crock pots of chili
 Organized our stuff {3 pack n plays, food and luggage to last 14 people a few days, blankets, pillows, blowup mattresses, exersaucer/jumparoo and lap tops}
Bathed big kids
Cleaned up after each other
Passed babies around
Napped
Watched from the inside as everything began to ICE over.








Day 2:
Everyone woke up very disappointed that no more snow had fallen over night.
We ate tomato gravy and biscuits for breakfast.
Tried to pacify the 3 Stooges. They were definitely on their worst behavior.
Gave breathing treatments to two sick babies.
Facebooked
Emily shot her first deer.
Watched the Auburn game with LOTS of Alabama fans and one Auburn fan.











Day 3:
Since the school system decided not to close the schools Mommy had to get everything packed up and get the babies home!

Winter Storm Party of 2011 = Exhausting
However, lots of sweet and fun memories were made! I wouldn't have changed it for the world!
  

1 comment:

Beth Scott said...

Oh my gosh, Ashley! It was just a couple of months ago that Alston was wearing those puppy pajamas in the last picture of Westin! He is such a cute little monster! He's going to be bigger than Alston in just a few months!!