Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Procrastination

Christmas has never been this stressful for me. Heath and I bought most of AR's and Westin's gifts the day after Thanksgiving but not all of them. Most everything else I wanted to get them I needed to get online. I don't know where my brain was this year because I had the hardest time gathering up Christmas presents. It's impossible to shop with a 3 year old and a 17 month old and last year I bought almost everything online. This year, I just couldn't get it together. After my horrible day on Christmas Eve Eve, I brought the Littles home and waited for Heath to arrive to take over. I then departed around 7:00 and didn't return until I was finished with every bit of my Christmas shopping. Around 11:00, I had 3 sleeping loved ones all snuggled in their beds, a blazing fire in the fireplace, and a room full of gifts that needed to be wrapped. Yes, I had not wrapped a single gift. So I sat my happy bottom in the floor and wrapped for hours. I wish I had wrapped them all sooner because our Christmas tree was loved much more after placing all of the presents underneath it.


I will not put myself through this again next year. I've already started buying for next Christmas. My plan is to be completed by October! We shall see.

No comments: