Our Santa visits (yes, more than 1) were not quit successful. Aunt Sa-Sa asked if she could take the Littles to see Santa a few weeks ago at the Galleria. I told her I didn't mind at all. I never take them to see the Galleria Santa because I love the Summit's Santa so much more. I have taken AR there every year. I figured if they didn't cooperate with Santa the first time we would talk it up and go see him later when I had a chance to take them to the Summit. When Sa-Sa took them AR refused to get near him but Westin didn't mind him at all.
Yesterday, I drove back from my mom's and went straight to the Summit. I looked up the times to make sure my timing was perfect and I talk to AR for weeks about what she wanted to ask him for and explained to her that Westin was a baby so she needed to tell Santa what he wanted as well. We had her speech ready. She would tell him "Merry Christmas" and then let him know that she really wants a Dora and a "Cinderbrella" {Cinderella}. She also wanted Santa to know that Westin really wanted a dump truck and race car. At noon I had the kids ready and got really frustrated around 10 after that Santa nor his photographer were in site. I looked on my phone again and realized that I was looking at the wrong day and needed to come back two hours later because Santa wouldn't be making his appearance until 2:00. I had decided that we needed to move on with our day and let AR know that we will just talk to him next year. AR flipped. I hated that I had talked this whole situation up only to let her down so I decided to run a few errands and come back at 2:00. It only got worse when I realized that Santa doesn't sit in his outside sleigh like he has the past 3 years and to make it worse, the picture isn't free like it has always been. REALLY?? We patiently waited in line and the longer we waited to more clingy AR got. When it was our turn, the stinker hid behind the sign and wouldn't budge. She wouldn't even look at Santa. If I wasn't by myself and already holding a busy toddler so he wouldn't run in street I would have sat her on his lap and made her scream. However, I decided to keep my $22.00, accept our 2 bags of Bud's Best Cookies from Santa, and march my ticked off self back to the car. I forgave AR for wasting my entire afternoon and rubbed it in her face that Westin has a picture with Santa and she doesn't. Did I mention she screamed the entire way back to the car that she wanted to tell Santa she wanted a Dora and Cinderbrella. My response: "Get over it" :)Merry Christmas!

No comments:
Post a Comment