When we got home from Nana and Poppy's we hurriedly put the milk and cookies out and shuffled the Littles to bed. I knew Westin would sleep fine but I was a little concerned AR would be up and down so our plan was for me to lay down with AR until she was good and asleep and for Daddy to assemble the last two gifts we never got around to before hand.
Guess who both fell asleep? We both woke up at 11:30 disgusted with ourselves for falling asleep. We had assembled almost everything in the garage days before Christmas Eve so we wouldn't be up late like we were like year. However, 2 gifts were shipped late so he had not had a chance to put them together yet. Of course, those two gifts would take us until 2:30 in the morning to assemble. So much for going to bed early. Heath and I were just thankful we woke up. I kept imagining what Christmas morning would have been like if we woke up to realize we hadn't done anything...ha!
Despite the frustration, I became giddy after seeing all of our hard work set out perfectly for little eyes to see in a few hours...
No comments:
Post a Comment