Last year was the big 5 and I left it up to Heath to plan that one. Let's just say Heath isn't a very good anniversary date planner.
So I took over this year and we ended up having a fabulous day date...just the 2 of us.
Several friends of ours had mentioned a new zip lining course in Birmingham. I heard great things about it so I decided to "surprise" Heath with the Red Ore Zip Tour. My plan was to tell him on the way to the park the morning of but when it came down to actually buying the tickets, I decided to run it by him first. I just wanted to make sure it was something he would actually want to do! Thankfully, he was very excited with the idea!!
Our plan was to grab breakfast on the go but typical us ran late leaving the house and dropping the kids off. So we started our day with an empty belly and a mile long hike to the zip tour. I was praying I wouldn't pass out before we even got started. Momma needs food too! I promise I'm not high maintenance.
After getting fitted in our gear we began our 2 hour long zip tour. Our tour guides were hilarious and the 4 other "zippers" in our group made for a good trip. We had a wonderful time doing something adventurous together. Heath laughed at me all morning at the sight of me in my "running" shorts and tennis shoes. Obviously, work out clothes is not a common selection in my day to day.
After we left the park we made a B-line for some lunch.. and lots of it. We were starving. We chose Jim N Nicks to fill our bellies and I really don't think I have ever eaten so fast in my life!
Our next stop for the day was Mount Cheaha! Heath and I have both lived in Alabama our entire lives but sadly, neither of us have ever been to the tallest point in our state. We decided on the drive there that we were just going to drive through, enjoy the view and check out the camp grounds for future family outings. The rain was threatening our cloudy day so we thought it best that we stick close to the car!!
The bottom fell out as we took the long way back home but as we neared the house the weather began to clear. Heath talked me into a quick boat ride/fishing trip before we had to pick up the kids. As we were getting nestled into a fishing spot the storm clouds rolled in and the rain began to fall. It.was.horrible. Thankfully, Heath found us a little place to take cover and but not before we were soaked and freezing. {I was able to spot a gorgeous rainbow while crouched under my tree}Once the rained let up I made the executive decision to call it a day.
Yes, this city girl is married to one rowdy, country boy and from the outside looking in people may wonder how in the world our lives could collide..but here we are!! What a wild 6 years it's been!!


1 comment:
Looks like fun! Me and Adam might have to try this! :)
Post a Comment