Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Summer Lovin' {Week 3}

After a pretty busy start to our summer I attempted a week where we stayed home more than we were on the road. Not only was I feeling the exhaustion of our busy summer weeks but I was beginning to stress over the fact that I hadn't completed a single summer project. This Momma doesn't mind spending a few hours at home during the week to organize, relax, clean, and piddle but a sanity drive, a play date, and some adult time mixed in makes for a good week!!

AR started her second VBS of the summer which was also during the evening. Westin and I would drop AR off at the church and run a few errands, pick up a yummy treat, or hang out at home while we waited on her to finish!! Daddy??.. well, he was fishing in the dark!!


On Wednesday we had a zoo date with some of our favorite cousins!


This was the first trip to the zoo for this Momma without a stroller...Heaven!!


The little kids enjoyed every animal like it was their first time seeing them...


The big kids showed their age by taking interest in the zoo map and leading the way!




By the time we reached the train, I had to make a special trip to get maps for everyone!! 





As always, we took a break mid way for a picnic lunch...


...and wrapped up our day at the splash pad and a round on the carousel.  






Friday proved to be a fun filled day. Mommy woke with the sun for the first time this summer. I'm not sure what had my mind rolling but a cup of coffee and the sunrise made up for the early start!! Heath and I had a date in Atlanta with my parents to watch the Braves game but before heading out we scheduled to have Nana cut AR's hair into a cool summer bob!!



Mommy was exhausted after a late night and long drive home so we ended our week with a full day at home.

Daddy decided to hit the water for a few hours so the kids and I set out that evening for the perfect Father's Day gift and ended up spending several hours in the bookstore!


We did end up with a present for Daddy...and a few things for us as well!!

No comments: