On the last day of school the kids and I celebrated with an ice cream treat from Burger King! They were so excited...and a little confused...about this rare treat!
We were so excited about the beginning of summer and what a busy summer it's been!! It took a few days to get the kids use to our new lazy schedule {I had a hard time getting them to sleep in}but we have all adjusted well and 9:00 wake up calls never looked so beautiful.
Our first weekend of summer we were treated with a new to us golf cart from Nana and Poppy!! We have a few acres we like to scoot around on and a golf cart is just what we needed to enjoy ourselves!!
We also made over our fire place. It is huge and to us was an eye sore in our newly renovated living room so after several weeks of Pinterest searching we decided painting it white was the way to go. To be honest, I loved it every step of the way but after everything was said and done, I started having doubts. I'm still not in love with it but its not horrid thank goodness!
After a long weekend of painting and cleaning up our upside down living room the kids and I decided to spend our Monday with Codie and Blakelee at the swimming pool! I wouldn't call it a relaxing trip to the pool but I realized quickly that both Littles are no longer afraid of the water! They swam like fish the entire day!!
Tuesday proved to be a lazy day with plenty of golf cart rides and kisses!
Wednesday AR had her first dentist appointment. She has now lost a tooth and I've talked up the fact that big girls go to the dentist and how the tooth fairy only loves clean teeth! I wish I can say that our first visit was stellar but the phrases, "Get over it" and "I thought you were a big girl" may have come out of my mouth a couple of times. Don't judge. She was HORRIBLE! Thank goodness Nana agreed to keep Westin for a few hours or he would have been scarred for life. That evening while I was enjoying time with my Small Group, Daddy gave in to the Littles request for watermelon.
On Thursday we had a pool date with Ella and Sophie at their Gran's pool! A pool date with lots of friends and a picnic lunch was heaven for my crew!! We even learned a new dance!!
Friday was rainy which allowed for some much needed errand running and a long sanity drive! That evening I surprised the kids with dinner guest and spend the night company!
It's been a "wear them out, let them sleep" way of life this summer!









No comments:
Post a Comment