MiMi and Poppa's church did night time VBS this year so our goal was to be in Blairsville in time to start the first night! This road trip made me realize that it is not easy traveling with TWO kids who now have to stop and potty. Oh my... Over all the kids did well traveling but travel time took a lot longer than I anticipated. When nature calls, Momma pulls over!! There may have been a few "road side" stops for Westin. Heath reminded me that it's illegal for him to tinkle outside in public places and I reminded him that traveling with a newly potty trained toddler isn't easy and you do what you got to do, even if you have to break the law!! :) He agreed with me!! The cute picture below is Westin's dramatic reaction to the car wash on our way out of town.
So our trip to Georgia was VERY relaxing!! MiMi is taking summer classes so there were a few hours here and there when we had to entertain ourselves. We spent a lot of time reading, swimming, eating, and most importantly, enjoying a week without a schedule!!

Since AR's dance recital was the upcoming weekend we decided to head south Thursday morning to allow us enough time to settle in before her dress rehearsal on Friday. On our way home we stopped in Atlanta to meet one of my childhood friends! I met Amanda when we started Kindergarten. We were in the same class and became the best of friends {and so did our moms!}. Over the years we did girl scouts, sleep overs, dance, but ended up living in separate states for the past 20 years. We have done a pretty good job keeping up with each other {social media has helped with that}! Amanda now has a beautiful little girl, Abby! My kids fell in love with her over lunch!!
Our lengthy trip home did not go near as smooth. The kids were very anxious to get back home. I sent Heath a text message as I was pulling down the driveway
On Friday we had an early afternoon dress rehearsal that went smoothly and quickly!! The girls were a little intimidated of the stage and change of scenery but they adjusted fine!! I can't get over how stinkin' cute they are in costume!!
![]() |
| iPhone amusement |
After AR's dress rehearsal we rode over to watch Maggie and Dakota's dress rehearsal! AR's recital was on the same night at the same time as theirs but at a different place so a little sneak peak would have to do!!
Before the recital on Saturday we went to an early morning 1st birthday party for sweet Savannah!! Her mommy did an amazing job with her Pink Lemonade themed party!
I had to drag my Littles home to nap and get ready for the big recital!!!










1 comment:
Haha well I guess I break the law ALOT!! Aiden always seems to want to go once we get to the car after Brody is buckled in....no way this mommy is trucking back in with 2 kids for a less than 1 minute pee session. lol that's what car doors are for right?! To shield ;-)
Post a Comment