Saturday, December 5, 2009

Bouncing Off the Walls

Tonight was the SEC Championship game between Alabama and Florida. My whole family as well has Heath's family are big Alabama fans {except for those wierd step family members who happen to be Auburn fans...ha!}! Having a baby doesn't really allow much tv watching for me and therefore I haven't really sat down and watched a game to its entirety all season. However, tonight was a game that I did not want to miss. Over Thanksgiving break, I was able to catch most of the Alabama/Auburn game and after seeing how much Alabama struggled throughout the game I was very nervous about this game. I was not about to be a cocky Alabama fan who just knew Alabama was going to win because I really did not think they would. To my surprise, Alabama played the best football I have seen them play in years. It was an absolutely amazing game and I am proud to say that we are the 2009 SEC champs! Roll Tide!!
FF_398621ALT2_l
Before the game, I put Ava Reese down for a nap which was around 3:00 and she did not wake up until after 7:00. I could not believe she slept through the entire football game. She is usually the reason I don't get to watch the games so a rare 4 hour nap was just what Mommy needed.
Speaking of Ava Reese, she has become a little dare devil.
P1010506
{Here we are trying to climb on top of storage boxes...}
She has developed a love for climbing after she realized how easy it was for her to climb on and off the couch. Today, she climbed on the couch as I was loading the dishwasher. When I found her she was running back and forth from one said to the other, bouncing off the arms of the couch. Before I could get to her to get her off the couch, she bounced off the big couch pillow and did a head dive to the floor. It was one of those moments when I honestly thought that she broke her neck. After a quick wimper, she ran over to her tricycle to stand up on the seat of it. I knew then she was fine. She has been bouncing off the walls like a mad woman lately!
One thing that has shocked me is the fact that she has not messed with the Christmas tree. I have heard stories where people have had to put baby gates around the tree or not put any ornaments on the bottom. We have not had a problem at all. Every once in a while she will go point to an ornament and maybe swing one back and forth but she doesn't try to take them off or pull on the tree...thank goodness!
P1010500
P1010501
P1010502
P1010504
Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

The Buchanan Family said...

I love the pic with her and the bunny. Too cute!

The Williamson's said...

I'm glad she took such a long nap so you could rest and watch the whole game yesterday. Hopefully your little climber won't get hurt while she's being a mad woman. She's so great!! I loved getting to see her yesterday and you too!