Sorry for the lack of post lately. Mommy has been very busy putting away Christmas gifts and cleaning this nasty house. Then I came down with a stomach virus but I am feeling much better now. So here's how our Christmas went.
Every year on Christmas Eve, we have lunch and dirty santa with the Waldrop's at Granny's. AR did not get a nap in before so I was a little worried that she would be whinny and clingy. It took her about 30 minutes to warm up to everyone but she ended up having a great time playing with her cousins and all of those Aunts.

The food was yummy as always and dirty santa was of course hilarious. I think Heath and I ended up with a movie we have never heard of and a drill! ha!

AR got a baby doll with all its necessities {pack n play, stroller, and car seat} and a couple of adorable dresses.

The food was yummy as always and dirty santa was of course hilarious. I think Heath and I ended up with a movie we have never heard of and a drill! ha!

AR got a baby doll with all its necessities {pack n play, stroller, and car seat} and a couple of adorable dresses.
We left Granny's around 4:00 and went straight to Nana's and Poppa Bruce's for dinner and presents. I must say that they went WAY over board this year not just on AR but with us as well. When we walked in, a new leather recliner was sitting pretty waiting for us to ooh and aah over. Daddy has been wanting a recliner for a while now so needless to say we were all very excited. AR couldn't help but notice this hot pink jeep with her name written all over it.

The first thing she did when she walked in the door was hop in her new jeep. After we stuffed our faces it was time for presents. I was really excited this year because AR can now open her gifts for the most part by herself.

Every gift she opened she wanted to either play with or sit on so it took her awhile. Mommy ended up opening the last few gifts because she had too many items to play with by that point. We all got more gifts than I could ever name but here are just a few. AR racked up with a jeep, a Walmart buggy and groceries, clothes, and a baby doll and bottle.


Daddy of course got his recliner, a range finder, and Alabama shirts for the big game. I got a pair a rain boots that I have been wanting forever, a pretty ring and shirt, photo albums and so much more. Ohh..and did I mention our grills! They were candy! ha!

All I can say is we're ROTTEN!! We didn't get home from Nana's until 10:00 and thankfully AR fell asleep on the way home. Luckily, Santa was smart this year and stuffed stockings and wrapped gifts before we left for Granny's so Mommy and Daddy and Baby were all in bed by 10:30.

The first thing she did when she walked in the door was hop in her new jeep. After we stuffed our faces it was time for presents. I was really excited this year because AR can now open her gifts for the most part by herself.

Every gift she opened she wanted to either play with or sit on so it took her awhile. Mommy ended up opening the last few gifts because she had too many items to play with by that point. We all got more gifts than I could ever name but here are just a few. AR racked up with a jeep, a Walmart buggy and groceries, clothes, and a baby doll and bottle.


Daddy of course got his recliner, a range finder, and Alabama shirts for the big game. I got a pair a rain boots that I have been wanting forever, a pretty ring and shirt, photo albums and so much more. Ohh..and did I mention our grills! They were candy! ha!

All I can say is we're ROTTEN!! We didn't get home from Nana's until 10:00 and thankfully AR fell asleep on the way home. Luckily, Santa was smart this year and stuffed stockings and wrapped gifts before we left for Granny's so Mommy and Daddy and Baby were all in bed by 10:30.
I was so excited about Christmas morning. I woke up a few times during the night looking at the clock to see if it was time to get up. I must have gotten really comfortable because I went back to sleep around 1:00 and didn't wake up until 7:00. I ended up waking AR up at 7:30 because we were suppose to be at our next location by 9:00. AR obviously does not understand the whole Santa thing yet and was not very happy with us for waking her up. I figured a few minutes in Daddy's recliner watching cartoons with a cup of milk would cheer her up, and it did. When we thought she might be somewhat cheerful we turned cartoons off to do stockings.

{I did not attempt brushing the hair or a bow at this point for pictures..all I can say is ILL PILL}
AR's stocking contained exactly was she needed: sippy cups, plug covers {because we think stinking our fingers in plugs is fun now}, small hair rubber bands for pony tails, and a photo album just for babies so she can't ruin the pictures. She opened up her photo album to the first picture which is of Alston and smiled real big and kissed it. I think it's her favorite gift!! Then we did presents. Santa didn't go all out this year. We decided next year we might do a little more but she is still too young to understand.




She got a Little People Farm, a vacuum, a new pair of white Keds and a new pair of Pink Converse {so cute}, new jeans with an adjustable waisteband {so needed}, and a book {I think that is all}. Mommy got a new camera and Daddy got a handheld GPS and a gun case!! I attempted to get a picture with AR and all of her goodies but 3 takes and this is all I got....



{I did not attempt brushing the hair or a bow at this point for pictures..all I can say is ILL PILL}
AR's stocking contained exactly was she needed: sippy cups, plug covers {because we think stinking our fingers in plugs is fun now}, small hair rubber bands for pony tails, and a photo album just for babies so she can't ruin the pictures. She opened up her photo album to the first picture which is of Alston and smiled real big and kissed it. I think it's her favorite gift!! Then we did presents. Santa didn't go all out this year. We decided next year we might do a little more but she is still too young to understand.




She got a Little People Farm, a vacuum, a new pair of white Keds and a new pair of Pink Converse {so cute}, new jeans with an adjustable waisteband {so needed}, and a book {I think that is all}. Mommy got a new camera and Daddy got a handheld GPS and a gun case!! I attempted to get a picture with AR and all of her goodies but 3 takes and this is all I got....


ha!
We layed around and played with our new toys for a little while and then it was time to get ready and head to Pop's and JiJi's for breakfast and gifts. AR still wasn't in the best of moods so I changed her diaper and left her in her jammies...for the whole day. Memaw made her the cutest dress to wear Christmas day but when your in a bad mood you just don't feel like wearing a dress and leggings. So jammies it was!
We layed around and played with our new toys for a little while and then it was time to get ready and head to Pop's and JiJi's for breakfast and gifts. AR still wasn't in the best of moods so I changed her diaper and left her in her jammies...for the whole day. Memaw made her the cutest dress to wear Christmas day but when your in a bad mood you just don't feel like wearing a dress and leggings. So jammies it was!
When we got to Pop's and JiJi's, Uncle Joe was anxiously awaiting our arrival. Of course we were the last ones to arrive but we were oh so excited to see Uncle Stephen and Amber, Auntie Sarah and Eric and of course Pops and JiJi. We opened gifts first because thats what we always do and then we ate a yummy breakfast. AR got the pink Mega Blocks that come in the pink wagon and a donation to her college fund and Daddy and I got a gift certificate for a new mattress!!


After eating and playing with Uncle Joe's new toys, we left Pop's and JiJi's around 12 to head to Aunt Dale's for lunch and dirty santa.


After eating and playing with Uncle Joe's new toys, we left Pop's and JiJi's around 12 to head to Aunt Dale's for lunch and dirty santa.
When we got to Aunt Dale's, Daddy realized the boys got guitar hero.

Needless to say, Daddy now wants guitar hero. AR had fun playing with Emma Beth but was not very merry. She fell asleep on the way there but woke up as soon as we got her out of the car.


We had fun playing dirty santa! This family is such a hoot!

AR of course got more dolls. It felt like I opened 50 baby dolls this Christmas and she loves them all...A little side note... AR refused to give her babies the bottle. Instead, she sucks on them herself. Isn't that funny? This is coming from a child who had no problems giving up the bottle. So I taught her how to give the baby a bottle and now she will give them a bottle but she will only put the bottom of the bottle to its mouth, not the nipple.. crazy child!! Anyway..
We couldn't stay long because we had to make our last stop for the day at Memaw's.

Needless to say, Daddy now wants guitar hero. AR had fun playing with Emma Beth but was not very merry. She fell asleep on the way there but woke up as soon as we got her out of the car.


We had fun playing dirty santa! This family is such a hoot!

AR of course got more dolls. It felt like I opened 50 baby dolls this Christmas and she loves them all...A little side note... AR refused to give her babies the bottle. Instead, she sucks on them herself. Isn't that funny? This is coming from a child who had no problems giving up the bottle. So I taught her how to give the baby a bottle and now she will give them a bottle but she will only put the bottom of the bottle to its mouth, not the nipple.. crazy child!! Anyway..
We couldn't stay long because we had to make our last stop for the day at Memaw's.
Since my mom lives in Georgia, we decided to do a Christmas dinner at Memaw's with Memaw and Mike, Mimi (my mom) and Poppa Stan, Uncle Marcus, Aunt Missy, and Buddy and Eden. Uncle Stephen and Auntie Sarah come over also. We had a yummy lasagna dinner before we opened gifts. AR was so over opening gifts at this point and really wanted nothing to do with any of it and therefore I didn't make her. Since we recieved from 3 different families, it's hard to remember who got us what at this point but some things I remember were Daddy got gift certificates and a Daniel Moore print, I got a sewing machine that I am exstactic about, a cute tote for school, and a few other cute things, and AR got a Cabbage Patch doll, baby jewelry, and more! We stuck around for desert and small talk with the family until AR and Daddy were done!
{I can't believe I didn't get any pictures from Memaw's. My little sister was in charge of taking pictures with my mom's camera so hopefully she can email me some.. We did get a big family picture which we have never done so I am very anxious to see that!I will update as soon as I recieve it!!!}
We were exhausted by the time we got home Christmas night. AR fell asleep on the way home and stayed sound asleep when we brought her in. I love spending time our my families during the holidays! We do have a lot of places we have to go during Christmas and eventually we will probably have to cut back but spending time with family that we don't get to see very often is well worth the exhaustion.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment