Friday, January 8, 2010

12 weeks

Today I am 12 weeks!

The past few weeks have not been the best but I am happy to say that at 12 weeks, life is brighter!

Here's the belly at 12 weeks. There is definitely something there, however, I think this picture makes me look bigger than I really am. Those who have seen me lately, am I really showing this much?? Be honest!! Maybe it's because I had just eaten a big dinner before or may I just don't realize how much I am showing but I really don't think I am showing this much... ha! Anyway, it's amazing how much my body has changed in 12 weeks...not just the belly.

On Wednesday I had my monthly check up which I was very anxious about. Dr. S planned to just check the baby's heart beat with the hand held monitor and warned me that since the baby was still so small at this point, it would probably take him a minute to find the heart beat. After about 3 minutes of searching and pushing and adjusting, Dr. S swore to me he heard the baby's heart beat but the baby was moving too quickly for him to point it out to me. However, I let him know very quickly {and he knew without me even having to say anything} that a swear and promise was not good enough for me and there was no way he was sending me back to work without a better confirmation. Therefore, I was sent to ultrasound for a double check and reassurance. Within seconds, our sweet baby was on the screen along with a strong 173 bpm heartbeat!! After checking the heart beat and doing a few measurements, the sweet lady in ultrasound turned it to 4D which just amazed me. It was my first 4D experience! Here is our sweet "lemon sized" peanut who looks to be praying..ha! I still say that my gut feeling is a boy even though the heart beat is a little high. I am very torn between wanting a boy or girl, which is good since it's something I have absolutely no control over! I will honestly be thrilled either way. Thinking about having two girls so close in age who can share a room, wear matching clothes and grow up to be the best of friends {hopefully} makes me want a girl so bad... especially after finding the bedding I want for the "girls room" if it is a girl. However, I would love to have a Mommy's boy who Daddy can rough house with and AR can boss around and torture! ha! It would also be fun to do a boy nursery and buy boy stuff.. Obviously, the thought of either makes me smile!! Both boy and girl names are still in the air and probably won't be officially decided until the day we find out the gender! Daddy still wants to brainstorm...

So how has the pregnancy been? Well up until last week, I have been a bear to be perfectly honest. Poor Heath is all I can say. He must really love me ;) Not only have I been mean and an emotional basket case at times, but I also turned into an introvert. It is very unlike me to not want to be around people or to not be up for any kind of social gathering. However, I have not. I have been perfectly happy to spend my free time by myself..with AR of course.. and sometimes Daddy. Thankfully, things seem to be looking up and I am beginning to miss my friends and family. Hopefully those who I have not kept the best contact with over the past several weeks will forgive!! I promise it's not me, it's this hormonal bear who has taken over my body..ha! I think this 2nd trimester will be promising!! Hopefully ;)

So I think I am going to spend the weekend cleaning, catching up on this mountain of laundry, and maybe even spend a little time in my classroom organizing and possibly rearranging. Therefore, it will be a Wordless Weekend with pictures that I have yet to share. Hopefully this weekend will be as productive as I've planned it to be!

2 comments:

Cassie Fields said...

What a sweet little peanut!

The Lamberts said...

Your gut might be right. Aiden's heartbeat has stayed a constant 150. Everyone but my father-in-law thought it was a girl. Including me, but we were definitely wrong. lolol Either is a blessing but I'll keep in my thoughts yall get a little boy. :-)