Monday, June 21, 2010

Alabama Nursery

My mom was in town for a few days and while she was here we were able to tie up some loose ends in Westin's room. Several people have asked me the theme of the nursery and I have been very reluctant to say Alabama. If someone told me they were doing a nursery theme in Alabama I would immediate think REDNECK! However, my mom and grandmother have done a great job keeping it far from it. Here's a tiny sneak peak of what we have going. My Memaw is in the process of making cushions/pillows for his trunk and rocker, a shelf needs a coat of varnish and hung, his letters need to framed and put above the crib, and a few finishing touches need to be made but we are wrapping it up. Westin's room is tiny so we really don't have a whole lot of room to work with but it is turning out so cute!

3 comments:

Allison said...

I think it is SO cute even if it is Alabama. (War Eagle!!) I have all the clothes I need to give you back in a box ready to go so we just need to come up with a day BR and I can come visit. I'll try to call you later this afternoon.
Looks great!!

Sherree said...

I think it looks great so far....Roll Tide!!!

The Lamberts said...

It's a tastefully done Alabama, which I love. Roll Tide!!! Love the cornice board. It's Alabama without screaming ALABAMA!

Aiden has that same mobile but for Jacksonville Jaguar, and LOVES it! Has to fall asleep to it on every night.