During our first week in San Antonio, AR and I took complete advantage of the pool. The long weekend with Daddy being home and the plane trip out here completely wore this Reese's Cup out so we have spent most of our days pool side while Daddy worked and enjoyed outings to dinner with Daddy in the evenings.
We have also started this thing called Pitching a Fit. When its almost nap time, we go on an emotional roller coaster ride until we finally fall asleep!
I introduced peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwiches to AR and she absolutely fell in love. However, they are messy which means we have to eat them at the table.
So we pitch a fit...
but wait..
we're over it because Mommy is taking pictures and being silly...
So we decide to be silly and happy too...
until we realize that we are still sitting at the table eating...
when we really want to go watch tv...
so we pitch another random fit...
Sadly, this lunch did not end with a silly smile...
It ended with:
a nap.
This has been quit normal this week. It was funny this first time {which is the reason for all the pictures, but we've had to step up the discipline and treat Miss Pitch a Fit like a big girl when she throws her tantrums}.
*****
On our anniversary, Heath took me to Gruene, TX {just a few miles outside San Antonio}. It is the neatest community with an interesting history.
{in front of Gruene Hall}
For dinner, we ate at the Gristmill River Restaurant and Bar. The restaurant itself is an old 1870's cotton gin beneath the Gruene water tower on the Guadalupe River. To get to the restaurant you have to walk behind Gruene Hall which is the oldest operating dance hall in Texas that helped launched many famous country musicians careers, such as George Strait.


3 comments:
I once heard girls fits were worse than boys-since Connor has started throwing them they are about the same! Bless your heart-I know exactly how you feel!
OMG Ashley I love the pictures of emotions. haha Truly an emotional roller coaster. Bless her heart and mommy's.
I can soooo identify with the tantrums...you know I can! These girls are full of drama sometimes! Sounds like you are handeling them great though. PS- I love AR's cutie swimsuit and hat!
Post a Comment