The feeling hit me hard when I saw a look on my husband's face that I had never seen before. We were terrified as we heard about storms moving through our hometown and couldn't help but think of our family and friends, my students and their families, everyone we know and care about and praying that they wouldn't be hit near as hard. Miraculously, we never even got rain where we were and there was no damage or injuries at home! I can't help but the thankful, of course, but my heart is so heavy. Heath and I have said it over and over again that this tornado event was UNBELIEVABLE. We really haven't been able to find another word to describe it. As the fatality number rises and the missing are not found:
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Matthew 5:4
Please pray for a high school friend of mine who was injured after being thrown out of her home in Concord. The last update I was given was her husband is in critical condition at UAB and her family can not seem to locate her. She was taken away by ambulance after they were found and no one knows where she was taken.
2 comments:
i've thought about you over and over in the last 24 hours!!!!! So glad you and your family are ok :)
Words fail us, but God never does...Mom We know without a doubt that prayers are answered.
Post a Comment