Wednesday, April 1, 2009

AR = 6 months

Well, AR is 6 months old today and boy is she something. She has the funniest personality of any baby I have ever met. She is very high strung and very hyper but very entertaining! She never fails to put a smile on our face! I hate that she is growing up so fast but I love to watch her grow and develop into such a smart little girl! She amazes me everyday.
Like I said yesterday, we are currently working on sitting up. We are still in the beginning stages but already showing much improvement.
AR has also become extremely verbal. She has always been a loud mouth but she is finally making sense of her noise. She has said her first word: Da Da...HOWEVER, she doesn't know who or what DA DA is. When Heath found out Alston said Da Da, he was bound and determined that it was going to be AR's first word also....and after working with her for a whole day, she finally picked it up! Every time I try to get her to say "Ma Ma", she says "Da Da"....oh well ;)
Last week, I really thought AR was getting ready to crawl, but honestly, I don't think she will. She has figured out that if she wants to get anywhere, all she has to do is roll. The other day, I was standing in the kitchen folding laundry and I had her in the floor under the TV. When I turned my head to check on her she was lying right under my feet. She had rolled all the way to me. Why learn how to crawl when you can already roll?
We are also trying to get AR to hold her bottle. She is very capable but just down right lazy. Here is a video clip I took on Sunday of AR holding her bottle of juice. Not only can she hold her bottle, she can also take it out of her mouth and put it back in. The bad thing is she only does it when she feels like it.. Check her out!

She's so funny!

Now that AR is 6 months, she can move up a stage in baby food. I was very excited to buy Stage 2 baby food this weekend! How fun is it to eat something other than veggies and fruits all the time! We have really had a hard time getting AR to eat baby food but I think we have figured out that she doesn't like Gerber baby food. She will eat Natures Goodness or BeachNut but not Gerber...wierdo.

So we go to the doctor in a few days for our 6 month check up and immunizations. I am curious to see how long she is and how much she weighs. She is very tall {just like her mommy} so I am thinking she might be pretty high in the percentile in height. In weight, I think she is probably around the 50th if not less. We'll just have to wait and see ;)

So that's the update on our growing baby girl. I can not believe she is already 6 months old. I am looking forward to all the new things she discovers and learns in the next few months.

Have a wonderful Wednesday

I will leave you with one of AR's 1 month pictures! Yes! She is truly our little blessing.

2 comments:

The Williamson's said...

She is truely adorable!! I really hate that I never get to see her or you anymore Ashley. I wish we lived closer to each other because I would love to just stop by and see y'all but you're house is quite a bit away from me. Anyways, AR is growing so fast and she is learning so much. I loved the video of y'all at Piggly Wiggly. Her laugh is so wonderful to hear!!!

Beth Scott said...

She is so much fun! Alston & I just love spending time you and AR! I hope we can have their Easter pictures done this weekend. I'm super-excited! Plus+ I've already started thinking of some ideas for their B-Day B-B-Q. YAY!!!